ID Request 02032010SC1

shobha chavda

Mar 2, 2010, 6:37:12 AM3/2/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Request for ID –  02032010SC1

Posting one more picture from Sri Lanka for ID :

Date / Time – 17 th Jan. 2010 / 1.44 pm

Location – Place /Altitude / GPS –  Near Ramboda Falls,Sri Lanka.About 1000m.above sea-level

Habitat – Garden/ Urban/ Wild / Type – Garden

Plant Habit – Tree/Shrub / Climber /Herb – Shrub

Height /Length – About 4 ft.

Leaves Type / Shape / Size – Linear-lanceolate, slightly toothed.

Inflorescence Type /Size –

Flowers Size /Colour /Calyx –

Fruits Type /Shape /Size / Seeds – Small Orange rounded ( I took the photograph from moving bus so not sure which part of the plant it is. Not buds I suppose.)

Other Information like Fragrance,Pollinator,Uses etc –
Regards,
Shobha

Copy of Sri Lanka 227.jpg

Swapna Prabhu

Mar 4, 2010, 5:30:16 AM3/4/10
to shobha chavda, indiantreepix
Hello Shobha,

This is Debregeasia sp. of Family Urticaceae, can't confirm the species though. The orange coloured ones are aggregate fruits.

Here is a picture of D. hypoleuca for comparison.

- Swapna

Dr. Swapna Prabhu
Systematic Botanist/ Taxonomist
Bombay Natural History Society
Hornbil House, Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg
Dr. Salim Ali Chawk
Mumbai - 400 001.
India.
Debre_hypo.jpg

shobha chavda

Mar 4, 2010, 6:54:20 AM3/4/10
to Swapna Prabhu, indiantreepix
Thanx Swapna.Can it be Debregeasia longifolia ? But the leaves look different.
Shobha

tanay bose

Mar 4, 2010, 7:50:42 AM3/4/10
to shobha chavda, Swapna Prabhu, indiantreepix
dear Shobha ji & Swapna ji,

it reminds me of  Debregeasia edulis ................ from the leaf morphology.. hope i am not wrong.

Regards,
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

J.M. Garg

Mar 19, 2010, 7:10:05 AM3/19/10
to efloraofindia, Swapna Prabhu, tanay bose, shobha chavda, Dr. Santhosh Kumar

Earlier relevant feedback:

“This is Debregeasia sp. of Family Urticaceae, can't confirm the species though. The orange coloured ones are aggregate fruits.

Here is a picture of D. hypoleuca for comparison.

- Swapna ”

“Thanx Swapna.Can it be Debregeasia longifolia ? But the leaves look different.
Shobha”

“it reminds me of  Debregeasia edulis ................ from the leaf morphology.. hope i am not wrong.
Regards,
Tanay”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Copy of Sri Lanka 227.jpg

tanay bose

Mar 19, 2010, 8:35:13 AM3/19/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Swapna Prabhu, shobha chavda, Dr. Santhosh Kumar

Dear All,
I am sure that this plant is Debregeasia edulis (Siebold & Zucc.) Wedd from the family Urticaceae.
Regards
Tanay

Mithilesh K. Pathak

Mar 19, 2010, 10:14:02 PM3/19/10
to efloraofindia
Debregeasia velutina Gaudich. - Urticaceae