Tiny white mushrooms

raghu ananth

May 30, 2010, 1:07:47 AM5/30/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Hollow trunk portion of Atti [Kannada]: Ficus racemosa
About 10 feet high from the ground, Height < 2cm, habitat close to the river cauvery.

Farmers say these tiny white mushroom kinds are edible when it is white.
The moment they start turning blue they are non edible.

Would like to more on these pretty little one's.

09 May 2010 12:10 PM
Chandagal village, Mysore district

Regards
Raghu

DSC_2219a.jpg
DSC_2219b.jpg

tanay bose

May 30, 2010, 1:32:59 AM5/30/10
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Raghu ji,
As far as my knowledge this mushroom looks like Coprinus sp to me. Because of its cap structure and also because it is edible when young but as soon as it matures to turns blue black and start molting down fast hence not suitable for food. I think it can be Coprinus comatus.
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Satish Chile

May 30, 2010, 5:06:52 AM5/30/10
to tanay bose, raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Tanay ji this is Coprinus comatus.
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

tanay bose

May 30, 2010, 8:12:02 AM5/30/10
to Satish Chile, raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Satish Ji for validation of the ID
Tanay

JM Garg

Apr 13, 2020, 11:52:14 PM4/13/20
to efloraofindia, Ashutosh Sharma, Suhaib Yatoo
Is the id correct as Coprinus comatus ?
DSC_2219a.jpg
DSC_2219b.jpg

Suhaib Yatoo

Apr 14, 2020, 12:00:40 AM4/14/20
to J.M. Garg, Ashutosh Sharma, efloraindia

Coprinopsis subsection-Atramentarii

J.M. Garg

Apr 14, 2020, 1:52:02 AM4/14/20
to Suhaib Yatoo, Ashutosh Sharma, efloraindia
Thanks, Suhaib ji.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).