For Id Tree- 090709Jm

J.M. Garg

Jul 8, 2009, 11:25:52 PM7/8/09
to indiantreepix
In Ananthagiri forest, Rangareddy district, AP on 27/6/09. It was a huge imposing tree near habitation.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For Id Tree- in Ananthagiri forest, AP I IMG_9366.jpg
For Id Tree- in Ananthagiri forest, AP I IMG_9367.jpg
For Id Tree- in Ananthagiri forest, AP I IMG_9369.jpg
For Id Tree- in Ananthagiri forest, AP I IMG_9370.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 8, 2009, 11:34:32 PM7/8/09
to indiantreepix
It appears as Haldina cardifolia to me. Pl. confirm. Details below from Indiantreepix Database:
Haldina cardifolia (syn. Adina cordifolia, Nauclea cordifolia) Rubiaceae Haldu, Hedu at Delhi on 21.6.08. Haldina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Haldu(haldina cardifolia)--Needs id confirmation - indiantreepix | Google Groups Species Information Kadamba - indiantreepix | Google Groups

Nayan Singh

Jul 8, 2009, 11:40:50 PM7/8/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Garg ji
its is Adina cordifolia sy Haldina cordifolia from Rubiaceae family
Thanks and regard

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Jul 9, 2009, 3:46:19 AM7/9/09
to Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Here is a reply from Ganesh ji:
"Haldina cordifolia!

Gb"

ganesh

Jul 9, 2009, 7:03:45 AM7/9/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Givotia moluccana (=G. rottleriformis) in extreme seasons!

regards
Gb
Jul 9, 2009, 8:00:12 AM7/9/09
to ganesh, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Dear Ganesh,

Thanks very much for this photo. I have this species growing,have not seen a photo of one this big.

-bs