Clematis for id 110310MK1

Muthu Karthick

Mar 11, 2010, 2:05:47 AM3/11/10
to indiantreepix

Dear all,

Please help to confirm this species. Is this Clematis gouriana?

Date/Time- 05 Mar 2010 3:30pm

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Satyamangalam RF; Eastern Ghats. ca. 1100msl

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Shrub

Height/Length- up to 10m

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- tri-pinnate and 3-foliolate; 5-7cm length

Inflorescence Type/ Size- panicle; 10cm across

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- 3-4cm across; cream colour

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- no fragrance

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

Muthu Karthick

Mar 11, 2010, 2:15:46 AM3/11/10
to indiantreepix

sorry, now with attached pictures.
Clematis.jpg
Clematis (1).jpg
Clematis (2).jpg
Clematis (3).jpg
Clematis (4).jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Mar 11, 2010, 4:43:13 AM3/11/10
to efloraofindia
I can not find cream coloured 3-4 cm sized flowers in your pictures,
the whitish hairy linear parts seen are the achenes (fruits). This may
be C. gouriana but the flowers would confirm the ID. Rgds, Shrikant

On Mar 11, 12:05 pm, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> Please help to confirm this species. Is this *Clematis gouriana*?
>
> *Date/Time- *05 Mar 2010 3:30pm
>
> *Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- *Satyamangalam RF; Eastern Ghats. ca.
> 1100msl
>
> *Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- wild*
>
> *Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- *Shrub
>
> *Height/Length- *up to 10m*
> *
>
> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- tri-pinnate and 3-foliolate*; 5-7cm length
>
> *Inflorescence Type/ Size- panicle; 10cm across
> *
>
> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- *3-4cm across; cream colour
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
> *
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *no fragrance

Muthu Karthick

Mar 11, 2010, 4:58:00 AM3/11/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
oh, sorry for the mistake. I took achnes as flowers.

Muthu Karthick

Mar 15, 2010, 1:36:32 AM3/15/10
to indiantreepix
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, TANAY BOSE, satish pardeshi
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation

Earlier feedback

Shrikant ji..................................I can not find cream coloured 3-4 cm sized flowers in your pictures,

the whitish hairy linear parts seen are the achenes (fruits). This may
be C. gouriana but the flowers would confirm the ID.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Clematis.jpg