SK 3396 08 April 2022

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 8, 2022, 7:52:49 AM4/8/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
Dear Members,

Location: Royal Garden Hyde Park , London
Altitude: 30m.
Date: 27 March 2022
Habit : Cultivated
Forsythia suspensa (Thunb.) Vahl or Forsythia intermedia Zabel ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_2472.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 8, 2022, 7:53:05 AM4/8/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_2473.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 8, 2022, 7:53:36 AM4/8/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
DSC_2474.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 8, 2022, 7:53:43 AM4/8/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_2475.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 8, 2022, 9:09:49 PM4/8/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Beautiful presentation.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 9, 2022, 4:37:58 AM4/9/22
to efloraofindia
I would suspect it is Forsythia intermedia...but no idea how you id one from the other just from the flowers.

Forsythia suspensa is much less common in UK.
Last year in a garden near here I found a shrub with opposite ordinary leaves and trifoliate leaflets. Fascinating!
I had never seen this behaviour before, so wrote to the head gardener..it was Forsythia suspensa..see my pics below.

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 9, 2022, 4:57:58 AM4/9/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 9, 2022, 4:35:09 PM4/9/22
to efloraindia, Sheila Sadd, J.M. Garg

Thank you Sheila for the correct ID and the additional information !

Saroj Kasaju