Bumblebee on Phlox

nabha meghani

Jul 30, 2010, 6:23:55 AM7/30/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday i was watching a  bumblebee on Phlox flowers in my garden. I wondered why it was moving around at the base of the flowers. It was robbing nektar by biting at the base of the flower. I knew about this behavior, had never observed though so far.
Phlox has many color varieties and is fragrant.
Regards
Nalini
PhloxBlüte100_7555-k.jpg
PhloxBlüte100_7552-k .jpg
Hummel-am-PhloxBlüte100_7532-k.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 30, 2010, 7:53:28 AM7/30/10
to nabha meghani, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing your lovely observations Nalini Ji.

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

JM Garg

Jun 13, 2020, 1:47:06 AM6/13/20
to efloraofindia, Anil Thakur, nabha-...@gmx.de
I think these should be Phlox paniculata cultivars
PhloxBlüte100_7555-k.jpg
PhloxBlüte100_7552-k .jpg
Hummel-am-PhloxBlüte100_7532-k.jpg

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

Jun 13, 2020, 1:57:27 AM6/13/20
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, nabha-...@gmx.de
Difficult to determine the species without leaves.

J.M. Garg

Jun 13, 2020, 2:16:16 AM6/13/20
to Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur, efloraofindia, nabha meghani
These appear to be from the same garden and time, as being posted by Nabha ji at a time.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

Jun 13, 2020, 2:22:00 AM6/13/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, nabha meghani
OK, Sir
In the same garden, both may ve flowering at the same time. P. paniculata is perennial. In Shimla, both start flowering at the same time in April.
Regards