PLANT 147 SMP OCT09 Smithia sensitiva

Satish Phadke

Oct 7, 2009, 11:41:02 AM10/7/09
to indiantreepix Indian
I hope this is Smithia sensitiva.(Near Pune Oct 09)
It has characteristic bristly leaflets.
The leaflets of the plants earlier posted as Smithia sensitiva may need to be checked again for confirmation.
Satish Phadke

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
DSCN2556s.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Oct 7, 2009, 11:54:18 AM10/7/09
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Satish ji, this does not look like Smithia sensitiva to me ... the leaves are different, not pinnate but alternately arranged leaves, the stem too is relatively thicker.
Regards.

Adesh Shivkar

Oct 7, 2009, 12:04:20 PM10/7/09
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Dear Satish ji,

Is'nt this some Crotalaria species ? The leaves look different for Smithia sp.

Regards,
Adesh

Satish Phadke

Oct 7, 2009, 12:22:45 PM10/7/09
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix Indian
Yes Dinesh ji and Adesh ji
Points noted. The leaves are alternate.
The leaves and the flowers are very small....may be less than a cm. and the plant is literally creeping on the ground and not standing. This is a very common herb.
Let us wait for some more comments.
What about Crotolaria hebecarpa?
Satish Phadke

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Aparna Watve

Oct 7, 2009, 1:14:00 PM10/7/09
to Satish Phadke, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix Indian
looks like Crotalaria hebecarpa. Any fruits?
--
Dr. Aparna Watve
Dr. Aparna Watve

Satish Phadke

Oct 8, 2009, 10:35:02 AM10/8/09
to Aparna Watve, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix Indian
Thanks
I accidentally found the pictures of C. hebecarpa which match the given species.
So I had mentioned that in my earlier mail.
Thanks others too for the lead about Crotolaria.
I will certainly visit the area again to check for the fruits.
Satish

2009/10/7 Aparna Watve <aparna...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

geeta arun

Oct 8, 2009, 2:01:48 PM10/8/09
to Satish Phadke, Aparna Watve, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix Indian
Satishji,
Posting pictures of Smithia sensitiva taken during last week of Sept 2009, at Sanjay Gandhi National Park Borivali - Mumbai.
Regards,
Geeta Samant.

Smithia sensitiva -- Lajalu kawla -- Family Fabaceae...jpg
Smithia sensitiva ---Lajalu kawla -- Family -- Fabaceae.jpg