252 ID wild plant Butea

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 16, 2022, 1:17:19 PM1/16/22
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Dist. Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 27.10.2021, 01.25pm

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: climbing, branches, slender hard woody stem 10 inches base diameter, many young shoots creeping from base just above, purple young shoot, long lasting

Height: 15 meters

Leaves: alternate, trifoliate, leaflets ovate oblong obtuse apex, size:22×11cm or less

Flower: pyramidal racemose, diameter:05mm, white, good fragrance

Fruit: lengthy compressed beans purple into brown, size:10×1cm

Seed:

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

252 Identify wild plant
20211027_132631.jpg
20211027_132703.jpg
20211027_132717.jpg
20211027_132521.jpg
20211027_132543.jpg
20211027_132608.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 16, 2022, 1:26:26 PM1/16/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211027_132948.jpg
20211027_132826.jpg
20211027_132743.jpg
20211027_134921.jpg
20211027_132918.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 16, 2022, 2:19:51 PM1/16/22
to efloraindia
Leaves mixed up. It does not look like Butea. May be Derris or
some other.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Mahadeswara

Jan 16, 2022, 10:51:49 PM1/16/22
to efloraofindia
This is not Butea.

Mahadeswara

Jan 16, 2022, 10:53:04 PM1/16/22
to efloraofindia
I think there is a mix-up of 2 different species.

Mahadeswara

Jan 16, 2022, 10:55:09 PM1/16/22
to efloraofindia
The first set of photos are not of Butea.  2nd set need to be examined with all other characters including the flowers and fruits.

radha veach

Jan 16, 2022, 11:15:03 PM1/16/22
to efloraofindia
Spatholobus parviflorus (Roxburgh ex Candolle) Kuntze,    syn.  Butea parviflora Roxburgh ex Candolle

regards
Radha

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 17, 2022, 12:23:51 AM1/17/22
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, girish kumar ellezhuthil, Saroj Kasaju, radha veach, M Swamy
Dear Saroj ji, Girish ji, Mahadeswara ji, Radha ji,
Yes, it is Spatholobus parviflorus, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 12, 2022, 11:51:00 AM2/12/22
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, girish kumar ellezhuthil, Saroj Kasaju, radha veach, M Swamy
Sharing more images.
Base stem regid or flaked, ringed above base.  Location: Chathamattom
20220206112108_IMG_0324.JPG
20220206111928_IMG_0323.JPG