Tree for ID-at Bangalore

Padmini Raghavan

Jul 11, 2010, 4:24:09 PM7/11/10
to indiantreepix
This tree was found growing  plentifully in  vacant land, probably meant for a park,at  a colony in Bangalore.
It had light greenish-yellow flowers some months ago.
(The leaves  resembled the Milletia peguensis growing nearby.)
Is it related to it?
Please help with the id.
Thanks,
Padmini Raghavan

Padmini Raghavan

Jul 11, 2010, 4:29:01 PM7/11/10
to indiantreepix
Sorry- pics left out.
Here they are.

Tree for id--Bang 001.jpg
Tree for id--Bang 002.jpg
Tree for id--Bang 003.jpg
Tree for id--Bang 005.jpg

R. Vijayasankar

Jul 11, 2010, 7:42:42 PM7/11/10
to Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
Dalbergia sissoo, perhaps.

With regards

R. Vijayasankar

Dinesh Valke

Jul 11, 2010, 11:12:21 PM7/11/10
to R. Vijayasankar, Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
... me too think it to be D. sissoo.
Regards.

tanay bose

Jul 12, 2010, 12:04:17 AM7/12/10
to Dinesh Valke, R. Vijayasankar, Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
This Plant is Dalbergia sissoo for sure we had couple of this trees in our college a good source to study VAM from tree a specimen
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

ajinkya gadave

Jul 12, 2010, 3:00:00 AM7/12/10
to tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, R. Vijayasankar, Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
Dalbergia sissoo

Joshi Pankaj

Jul 12, 2010, 7:50:04 AM7/12/10
to Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
A member of Fabaceae...Please see in Dalbergis Genus...

Pankaj N. Joshi, Ph.D
Jr. Scientist
Gujarat Institute of Desert Ecology (GUIDE)
Post Box # 83, Opp. Changleshwar Temple,
Mundra Road, Bhuj- Kachchh
Gujarat: 370 001 (India)
Phone: +91 2832 235025, 329408; Fax: 235027
Cell: +91 94269 49523
Optional E-mail: pranav...@rediffmail.com