Is this Morus species? 230210MK2

Muthu Karthick

Feb 23, 2010, 10:31:04 AM2/23/10
to indiantreepix

Date/Time- 20 Feb 2010 4:30pm

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Combatore Dist. ca. 450msl

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Shrub

Height/Length- up to 2m

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-  5-10cm length

Inflorescence Type/ Size- ca.5cm in length

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- no fragrance

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

Pinki

Feb 24, 2010, 12:25:02 AM2/24/10
to efloraofindia
Some Morus sp. (Morus serrata) i guess...

Alok

On Feb 23, 7:31 am, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Date/Time- *20 Feb 2010 4:30pm
>
> *Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- *Combatore Dist. ca. 450msl
>
> *Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- *garden
>
> *Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- *Shrub
>
> *Height/Length- *up to 2m*
> *
>
> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- * 5-10cm length
>
> *Inflorescence Type/ Size- *ca.5cm in length
>
> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- *
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
> *
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *no fragrance

> --
> Muthu Karthick, N
> Junior Research Fellow
> Care Earth Trust
> Chennai - 61www.careearthtrust.org
>

>  Pic 002.jpg
> 194KViewDownload
>
>  Pic 003.jpg
> 181KViewDownload
>
>  Pic 001.jpg
> 178KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 24, 2010, 8:51:08 AM2/24/10
to Pinki, efloraofindia
Muthu ji and Pinki ji
To me it appears to be M. alba only. It is normal to find irregularly lobed leaves in this species. In M. serrate the leaves are characteristically biserrate, and leaves usually 3-lobed.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor