122 ID wild plant Sonerila sp.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 20, 2021, 3:23:51 PM8/20/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant.  Very rare, only 3 plants growing here.  With kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 13.08.2021, 08.55am

Habitat: wild, moisture, rocky, stone wall, filtered sunlight

Plant habit: small shrub, erect, slender weak purple fleshy stem, hairy, annual

Height: 08cm including flower shoot

Leaves: white spotted, purple shaded back side, opposite, ovate, oblong, apex, toothed margins, hairy, tamarind taste, size:08×5cm or less

Flower: racemose, 3 petals, diameter:11mm, pink, non fragrant

Fruit: cone shaped, green into brown, 01.5cm length, diameter:6mm

Seed:

Camera: Samsung Galaxy A21s

122 Identify wild plant
20210813_085714.jpg
20210813_085652.jpg
20210813_090257.jpg
20210813_090059.jpg
20210813_085804.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 20, 2021, 3:27:26 PM8/20/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210815_142930.jpg
20210815_142705.jpg
20210815_142551.jpg
20210815_142836.jpg
20210815_143159.jpg
20210813_090352.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 20, 2021, 3:32:23 PM8/20/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210815_142949.jpg
20210815_143159.jpg
20210813_090410.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 21, 2021, 4:19:51 AM8/21/21
to M Swamy, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes, it is dear Mahadeswara ji.  Thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

On Sat, 21 Aug 2021, 9:48 am M Swamy, <swamy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please check for this link  whether it matches  :http://novataxa.blogspot.com/2021/06/sonerila-kanjilasseriensis.html
Not able to get the option to reply in the group posting.  That is why I am posting separately
Dr.Mhadeswara Swamy

J.M. Garg

Aug 22, 2021, 12:48:35 AM8/22/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, M Swamy
Please check for this link  whether it matches  :http://novataxa.blogspot.com/2021/06/sonerila-kanjilasseriensis.html
Not able to get the option to reply in the group posting.  That is why I am posting separately
Dr.Mhadeswara Swamy

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 22, 2021, 1:08:36 AM8/22/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy
Dear Garg ji, Mahadeswara ji, all Members,
Yes, it is very matching dear Mahadeswara ji with the images of S. Kanjilasserienses. Thank you very much for ID my plant, kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Aug 28, 2021, 6:58:09 AM8/28/21
to efloraofindia, M Swamy, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Mahadeswara ji and Sam ji, for id as Sonerila kanjilasseriensis as per Novataxa
Sonerila being a bit complex, Santhosh ji, may confirm or otherwise as per this publication.
For me it appears close.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
122 Identify wild plant
20210813_085714.jpg
20210813_085652.jpg
20210813_090257.jpg
20210813_090059.jpg
20210813_085804.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 28, 2021, 12:42:39 PM8/28/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, M Swamy
Thanks a lot, Santhosh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Sat, 28 Aug, 2021, 10:06 pm Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, <> wrote:
This is nothing but Sonerila sahyadrica, but the same species appeared as S. kanjirasseriensis in Kew Bullettin. It might be happened when a foreign reviewer inadvertently overlooked it. Any how I have submitted a formal reduction of this species in Phytotaxa recently. It is under review now.

J.M. Garg

Aug 28, 2021, 11:52:41 PM8/28/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar
Thank you very much for ID my plant dear Santhosh ji, with kind regards, Sam

J.M. Garg

Sep 24, 2021, 9:44:06 AM9/24/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sep 30, 2021, 6:19:18 AM9/30/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Sonerila sahyadrica
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 30, 2021, 8:01:56 AM9/30/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you very much for the ID confirmation of my plant, dear Garg ji, kind regards, Sam.