Asteraceae herb for id 121010MK2

Muthu Karthick

Oct 13, 2010, 6:58:09 AM10/13/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Kindly help to id this species.
I suspect that this belong to Galinsoga genera of Asteraceae. Possibly an exotic.

Date/Time-

11-10-2010 / 05:00 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GP

ca.30asl; Kancheepuram dist; TN

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

weed in urban

Plant Habit-

semi-succulent herb

Height/Length-

0.5 metre

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

ca.5 X 8cm; hispid surface

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

head; 0.5cm across

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

yellow

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
Chennai - 61
www.careearthtrust.org
Dm 004.jpg
Dm 005.jpg
Dm 006.jpg
Dm 009.jpg

Neil Soares

Oct 13, 2010, 9:24:05 AM10/13/10
to indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick
Hi Muthu,
  It looks like Synedrella nodiflora.
                 Regards,
                  Neil Soares.

Selvalakshmi Selvaraj

Oct 13, 2010, 9:31:01 AM10/13/10
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick

Synedrella indeed

--
Selvalakshmi S.
Doctoral Scholar,

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 13, 2010, 9:38:40 AM10/13/10
to Selvalakshmi Selvaraj, Neil Soares, indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick
seems to be Synedrella the overall size of plant seems to be too big
for nodiflora. Is there any other species of bigger size.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Muthu Karthick

Oct 14, 2010, 6:11:14 AM10/14/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Selvalakshmi Selvaraj, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Synedrella nodiflora alone reported from TN until now. or there might had been some nomenclatural changes.

rajdeo singh

Oct 14, 2010, 6:34:12 AM10/14/10
to Muthu Karthick, Pankaj Kumar, Selvalakshmi Selvaraj, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Hello,
Its indeed Synedrella nodiflora (L.) Gaertn.
We get only two sps of Synedrella in India, one the above mention & the 2nd is Synedrella vialis (Less.) A. Gray which is a small prostrate herb.

Regards,
Rajdeo Singh
Project fellow
St. Xavier's College,