Fwd: id request Asparagus

J.M. Garg

Jun 14, 2021, 9:23:21 PM6/14/21
to efloraofindia, Sunit Singh
Thanks, Sunit ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Sunit Singh <botani...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun, 2021, 11:36 pm
Subject: id request Asparagus
To: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

good evening sir, hope you're doing well.
Please check the attached images of Asparagus, it seems filicinus for me. Captured Garhwal Uttarakhand.
1200 amsl.
Caldodes - tuft of 10-12.
Thanks & Regards
Sunit Singh Chauhan
Ph.D. Research Scholar
Department of Botany
HNB Central University Garhwal Uttarakhand.
Asparagus (11).JPG
Asparagus (8).JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 14, 2021, 9:23:34 PM6/14/21
to efloraofindia, Sunit Singh
Asparagus (1).JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 14, 2021, 9:24:03 PM6/14/21
to efloraofindia
Asparagus (6).JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 15, 2021, 1:40:51 AM6/15/21
to efloraindia
Asparagus capitatus Baker ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 15, 2021, 1:47:49 AM6/15/21
to efloraindia, Sunit Singh, J.M. Garg
Wild or cultivated ? Can you please post full plant / habitat image??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 7:08 AM J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

J.M. Garg

Jun 21, 2021, 12:04:34 PM6/21/21
to efloraofindia, Sunit Singh, Saroj Kasaju
I think it looks different as per specimens in GBIF.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 21, 2021, 12:06:35 PM6/21/21
to Sunit Singh, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Sunit ji,
Do you have an image showing the full plant ?
Looks different from images and references at Asparagus filicinus
Also I could not find a match as per comparative images at Asparagus

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Jul 5, 2021, 11:18:09 AM7/5/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Sunit Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Asparagus capitatus Baker ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

I think it looks different as per specimens in GBIF.- from me

Hi, Sunit ji,
Do you have an image showing the full plant ?
Looks different from images and references at Asparagus filicinus

Also I could not find a match as per comparative images at Asparagus - from me

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sunit Singh

Jul 23, 2021, 3:31:23 PM7/23/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Thanks & Regards
Sunit Singh

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 12:16 AM Sunit Singh <botani...@gmail.com> wrote:
attaching few more images of the same, please have a look.

Thanks & Regards
Sunit Singh

DSC_0013-001.JPG

Sunit Singh

Jul 23, 2021, 3:32:24 PM7/23/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Thanks & Regards
Sunit Singh

DSC_0005.JPG

Sunit Singh

Jul 23, 2021, 3:34:56 PM7/23/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Thanks & Regards
Sunit Singh

DSC_0017.JPG

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Aug 11, 2021, 3:03:15 AM8/11/21
to Sunit Singh, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Hi, Sunit ji,
What are the species reported from the area?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sunit Singh

Aug 11, 2021, 3:08:37 AM8/11/21
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Respected sir good afternoon.
Will forward later, on field trip.

J.M. Garg

Sunit Singh

Sep 9, 2021, 3:33:54 PM9/9/21
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Respected Sir, species of Asparagus as per Flora of District Garhwal are as under
A.adscendens
A.capitatus
A.filicinus
A.curillus
A.racemosus
 thank you.

Thanks & Regards
Sunit Singh

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Sep 10, 2021, 11:49:10 AM9/10/21
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju
Check with  A.filicinus   Sunit Ji,
With regards. image.gif

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
09/10/21, 09:18:40 PM

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 14, 2021, 6:49:58 AM9/14/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Sunit Singh
Asparagus curillus also looks close as per GBIF specimen- one
Also see specimens of Asparagus adscendens at GBIF- one, two and three (appears spiny).
We have to find out the keys between the two.
Can you post the keys ?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sunit Singh

Sep 18, 2021, 12:36:57 AM9/18/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Okay sir
Thank you

J.M. Garg

Sep 22, 2021, 6:58:07 AM9/22/21
to Sunit Singh, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Can you post the keys ?

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sunit Singh

Sep 22, 2021, 1:37:27 PM9/22/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
thank you, sir.  I'll check.

J.M. Garg

Sep 28, 2021, 5:59:12 AM9/28/21
to Sunit Singh, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Awaiting keys.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sunit Singh

Sep 29, 2021, 2:40:21 AM9/29/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
attaching keys related to the above discussion.

Thanks & Regards
Sunit Singh

IMG_20210929_120614__01.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 5, 2021, 12:42:55 AM10/5/21
to Sunit Singh, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Based on these keys, it should be Asparagus capitatus Baker as initially suggested by Saroj ji and as per GBIF specimens- one, two, three
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sunit Singh

Oct 5, 2021, 12:53:54 AM10/5/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Ok , thank you sir