Mimusops elengi- Maulsari, Bakul, Indian medlar, Spanish Cherry, Bulletwood- Family Sapotaceae

J.M. Garg

Mar 12, 2008, 2:50:30 AM3/12/08
to indiantreepix
All pic. taken on 10/2/07 in Kolkata. Flower pic. already posted by Satish ji in a different mail a few days back. This is a common tree in Kolkata with its beautiful rounded look. Its ripe fruit is eaten by humans along with the birds etc. I have myself tasted one last year. Trees of Delhi says that it flowers in May- June; another flush in the rains. Flowering on 18/3/06 on roadside on way to Goa near Belgaon as per Satish ji. Here is a good link for it: http://www.holistic-herbalist.com/bakul.html
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Pravin Kawale