Flower taken from Pamba forest,Kerala

C. Susanth

Sep 5, 2010, 12:00:14 AM9/5/10
to efloraofindia
Hai All
Here I attached the picture of a blue  flower i taken from Pamba Reserve Forests Kerala.
This flower is seen near the waterfalls on the way to Pamba.
Please identify the flower.
with warm regards
Susanth

--
C.Susanth passion on Nature
Prakriti,SNRA-20

mani nair

Sep 5, 2010, 1:59:56 AM9/5/10
to C. Susanth, efloraofindia
Susanth, nice photo of the flower.  First time I am seeing the flower.  Waiting for answers.

Regards,

Mani.

Vijayasankar

Sep 5, 2010, 2:06:38 PM9/5/10
to mani nair, C. Susanth, efloraofindia
Rhynchoglossum species of Gesneriaceae. Probably R. notonianum.

With regards

Vijayasankar

shrikant ingalhalikar

Sep 6, 2010, 12:02:48 AM9/6/10
to efloraofindia
R. obliquum Bl., Regards, Shrikant

On Sep 5, 11:06 pm, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Rhynchoglossum *species of Gesneriaceae. Probably R. notonianum.
>
> With regards
>
> Vijayasankar
>

> On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 12:59 AM, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Susanth, nice photo of the flower.  First time I am seeing the flower.
> >  Waiting for answers.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Mani.
>
> > On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 9:30 AM, C. Susanth <c.susa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hai All
> >> Here I attached the picture of a blue  flower i taken from Pamba Reserve
> >> Forests Kerala.
> >> This flower is seen near the waterfalls on the way to Pamba.
> >> Please identify the flower.
> >> with warm regards
> >> Susanth
>
> >> --
> >> C.Susanth passion on Nature
> >> Prakriti,SNRA-20
> >> Indira Nagar,Peroorkada.P.O
> >> Thiruvananthapuram-695005,Kerala
> >> Phone : 0471-2437244
> >> Mobile : 09447699236
> >> Bond Your   Heart with Nature. Nature gives you what You Wish!- Hide quoted text -

Pravir

Sep 6, 2010, 12:32:55 AM9/6/10
to efloraofindia
Defiantly its a Rhynchoglossum sp. but not R. obliquum

Tabish

Sep 6, 2010, 1:57:06 AM9/6/10
to efloraofindia
This should be Rhynchoglossum notonianum, as Vijaysankar says:
http://www.gesneriads.ca/rhynch01.htm
Rhynchoglossum obliquum looks like this:
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Small%20Flowered%20Rhynchoglossum.html
http://www.efloras.org/object_page.aspx?object_id=4221&flora_id=2
Cheers!
- Tabish

Navendu

Sep 7, 2010, 1:54:19 AM9/7/10
to efloraofindia
As mentioned in the earlier thread, Tabish may have a point here. Can
someone please get the flower specimens and check the number of
perfect stamens.
notonianum if 4
obliqum if 2

navendu

On Sep 6, 10:57 am, Tabish <tabi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This should be Rhynchoglossum notonianum, as Vijaysankar says:
>    http://www.gesneriads.ca/rhynch01.htm
> Rhynchoglossum obliquum looks like this:
>  http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Small%20Flowered%20Rhync...

C. Susanth

Sep 7, 2010, 9:12:16 AM9/7/10
to Vijayasankar, efloraofindia
Thanx Vijayasankar for identify the flower..
thanx srikanth,pravir and navendu.
Thanx Tabish for providing information about
the flower and confirming the identification
with warm regards
Susanth

Smilax004

Sep 8, 2010, 2:53:36 AM9/8/10
to efloraofindia
Dear all,

This is definitely Rhynchoglossum notonianum (Old name: Klugia
notoniana ref. Gamble; II page-990). A very common seasonal herb in
the Western Ghats, especially near water sources with rocky surface.

The major difference with R. obliquum is the size of the plant and the
size of the flower. The plant is small and flowers are much smaller in
R. obliquum, and both the species leaves are oblique.

Regards
Giby