Wild Flower for ID-261009-RK

ranjini kamath

Oct 26, 2009, 2:47:43 AM10/26/09
to indiatreepix
Hello all I had sent this a few months back.Since the other pic of
Justicia is being discussed i thought i'd resend this as the ID was
not confirmed.Pic taken in Cariappa Park,Bangalore on 7th June'09.
Thank you.
Ranjini Kamath
C.Wild Flower-Blue.jpg

Anita Dake

Oct 26, 2009, 3:18:52 AM10/26/09
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Could it be Hygrophila serpyllum?
Marathi name - Ran-tewan

Anita

Narendra Joshi

Oct 26, 2009, 4:09:36 AM10/26/09
to ranjini kamath, Indiantrees
The tiny flowers appear to be of Ran Tewan in Marathi.

Narendra Joshi

J.M. Garg

Nov 19, 2009, 7:38:58 AM11/19/09
to indiantreepix, ranjini kamath
Hi, Ranjini ji,
It's Rostellularia japonica (Thumb.) Ellis (Syn. Rostellaria procumbens (L.) Nees var. simplex D. Don.)

More details from Indiantreepix Database:

Rostellularia japonica (Thumb.) Ellis (Syn. Rostellaria procumbens (L.) Nees var. simplex D. Don, Justicia japonica Thunb., Justicia procumbens var. simplex (D. Don) Yamazaki, Justicia simplex D. Don, Rostellaria mollissima Nees, Rostellaria rotundifolia Nees) Acanthaceae H Cariappa Park, Bangalore- 070609; Kharagpur Town, Dist. Midnapore, West Bengal: 24/12/07; On 17/8/08 in Talakona forest, AP;  IPNI Plant Name Query Results Tiny Blue Wild Flower for ID-150609-RK-1 - indiantreepix | Google Groups Justicia japonica in Flora of Pakistan @ efloras.org PLANT FOR IDENTIFICATION -54 - indiantreepix | Google Groups For Id 240809JM2 - indiantreepix | Google Groups

Nov 20, 2009, 11:14:04 PM11/20/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, ranjini kamath
Dear all,

'Rostellularia japonica' is called 'Kalmashi' 'काळमाशी' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568