Artemisia tournefortiana From Srinagar

taffa...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2024, 8:52:49 AMJun 22
to eFloraofIndia
Dear members,
Am posting three photos of Artemesia tournefortiana Rchb.; growing on the side of a path in Rawathpora Srinagar.
All photos under CCLicence (Attribution only needed.)
Regards
Taffazull
PLANT3.JPG
PLANT1.JPG
PLANT2.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 24, 2024, 1:00:59 PMJun 24
to eFloraofIndia
Please see other possibilities, altitude seems lower for this species (2500 to 4000 m)

taffa...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2024, 6:39:46 AMJun 25
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Gurcharan Ji,
Thanks for pointing out.
I have identified it because it was so identified by Kasuju ji and Miroslav ji in my previous post link copied below
You can see the details of flowers and inflorescence and leaves etc on that post
I know too little taxonomy to comment on the same but if it is something else it would be very interesting.
If it is tournefortiana  it would still be interesting because of its being reported from a lower altitude than where it normally grows.
I reposted a new photo because at that time Tabish ji had requested a better photo but at that time I did not have any.
Again thanks for your very interesting observation.
Regards
Taffazull

taffa...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2024, 6:25:02 AMJul 10
to eFloraofIndia
I noticed three pairs of linear 2mm long stipule like structures on the bases of the petioles arising from the adaxial side ( See Photo). One of them seems to be further divided into two.
Would request opinion of experts to confirm if they are stipules and would they be helpful in confirming its ID as A.tournefortiana .
Regards
Taffazull

STIPULES 1.JPG
STIPULES 2.JPG

taffa...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2024, 5:41:38 AMJul 11
to eFloraofIndia
The illustration in Flora of China does not show the stipule like structures,
Could it be some other species as suggested by Gurcharan ji?
Regards
Taffazull

taffa...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2024, 6:27:26 AMJul 11
to eFloraofIndia
Photo of a leaf showing stipule like structures at base of petiole not seen in FOC illustration
Regards
Taffazull

LEAF.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 18, 2024, 1:43:47 AM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to indian...@googlegroups.com, TAFA, GurcharanSingh
Thanks, Taffazull ji.
Pl. check keys in BSI Flora of India.
Also see descriptions in FBI and BSI Flora of India (description seems to be sketchy and very detailed).

With regards,
J.M.Garg

taffa...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2024, 6:10:22 AM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Garg ji,
Thanks for info
BSI mentions stem as white to dull purple but here it is light green with dark green streaks (see Photo).It also gives the altitude as 2500-4000m (Srinagar alt is 1600meters asl) as was also pointed out by Gurcharan ji.
Makes no mention of tiny stipule like structures at base of petiole.
Will try to post photos of phyllaries when it flowers.
Request opinion of experts
Regards
Taffazull
STEM.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 24, 2024, 6:22:14 AM (3 days ago) Jul 24
to efloraofindia, TAFA, GurcharanSingh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Please see other possibilities, altitude seems lower for this species (2500 to 4000 m)- from Singh ji

[...]

Would request opinion of experts to confirm if they are stipules and would they be helpful in confirming its ID as A.tournefortiana - from Taffazul ji

The illustration in Flora of China does not show the stipule like structures,
Could it be some other species as suggested by Gurcharan ji?
Regards

Taffazull

Photo of a leaf showing stipule like structures at base of petiole not seen in FOC illustration
Regards

Taffazull

Thanks, Taffazull ji.
Pl. check keys in BSI Flora of India.

Also see descriptions in FBI and BSI Flora of India (description seems to be sketchy and very few details)- from me.