[efloraofindia:35344] Helianthus argophyllus from Delhi

Gurcharan Singh

May 19, 2010, 9:17:44 PM5/19/10
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India

Helianthus argophyllus Torrey & Gray growing in Botanical Garden of Khalsa College, Delhi. Kindly note silvery white tomentose ovate lanceolate leaves and large capitula.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Helianthus-argophyllus-Delhi-1.jpg
Helianthus-argophyllus-Delhi-2.jpg

Tabish

May 19, 2010, 9:47:15 PM5/19/10
to efloraofindia
Just to add a minor point, argophyllus means white-leaves and
argryophyllus means silver-leaved.
- Tabish

On May 20, 6:17 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Helianthus argophyllus Torrey & Gray growing in Botanical Garden of Khalsa
> College, Delhi. Kindly note silvery white tomentose ovate lanceolate leaves
> and large capitula.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> --
>
>  Helianthus-argophyllus-Delhi-1.jpg
> 397KViewDownload
>
>  Helianthus-argophyllus-Delhi-2.jpg
> 223KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

May 19, 2010, 10:02:01 PM5/19/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Thanks Tabish ji for additional information.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

May 20, 2010, 6:50:25 AM5/20/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Tabish, efloraofindia
Thank you Sir for posting a new species for me.
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)