Morning glory like flower(Samir Takaochi)

Samir Takaochi

Mar 5, 2009, 7:23:34 PM3/5/09
to indiantreepix
Thank you always for your kind advice. Could someone advice for ID?

Place: Gurgaon Haryana
Flower Diameter approx 3cm

white flower.jpg
whole.jpg
stem.jpg
pink flower.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 25, 2009, 10:31:30 AM3/25/09
to indiantreepix, Samir Takaochi
Forwarding again for Id pl.

white flower.jpg
whole.jpg
stem.jpg
pink flower.jpg

Suresh C. Sharma

Mar 25, 2009, 10:38:57 AM3/25/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Samir Takaochi
This looks to be Convolvulus microphyllus
English Name is White Ground Glory.
Sanskrit/Hindi is Shankhpushpi (there is a syrup by this name also).
Also see the following link:
Regards,
Suresh C Sharma

J.M. Garg

Mar 25, 2009, 12:32:30 PM3/25/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix, Samir Takaochi

Tabish

Mar 25, 2009, 2:06:09 PM3/25/09
to indiantreepix
The currently accepted name for Convolvulus microphyllus is
Convolvulus prostratus.
- Tabish