Boehmeria macrophylla from Dakpathjar validate

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 7:43:19 AM9/26/11
to efloraofindia
Boehmeria macrophylla Hornem, Hort. Bot. Hafn. 2: 890 1815.
Syn: Boehmeria platyphylla D. Don

Photographed from Dakpathar on September 16, 2011, growing along roadsides. Pl validate

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Boehmeria-platyphylla-Dakpathar-1.jpg
Boehmeria-platyphylla-Dakpathar-2.jpg
Boehmeria-platyphylla-Dakpathar-3.jpg

Balkar Arya

Sep 26, 2011, 10:22:09 AM9/26/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Nice Sir I am also uploding min
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Boehmeria macrophylla (1).JPG
Boehmeria macrophylla (2).JPG
Boehmeria macrophylla (3).JPG
Boehmeria macrophylla (4).JPG
Boehmeria macrophylla (5).JPG
Boehmeria macrophylla (6).JPG

Dinesh Valke

Sep 26, 2011, 10:31:25 AM9/26/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
... unless there are any close species of Boehmeria, to my belief it is Boehmeria macrophylla.
Regards.
Dinesh

Nidhan Singh

Oct 4, 2011, 2:27:10 AM10/4/11
to Dinesh Valke, Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Yes Sir,

This is Boehmeria macrophylla.

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

J.M. Garg

Jun 30, 2017, 8:35:40 AM6/30/17
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, GurcharanSingh, Balkar Arya
I feel this is also closer to images at Boehmeria japonica as per your another thread: Boehmeria japonica (L.f.) Miq. from Tiger fall area Chakrata
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Boehmeria-platyphylla-Dakpathar-1.jpg
Boehmeria-platyphylla-Dakpathar-2.jpg
Boehmeria-platyphylla-Dakpathar-3.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 31, 2019, 6:30:23 AM8/31/19
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Balkar Arya
I think it should be Boehmeria platyphylla var. scabrella (Roxb.) Wedd. or Boehmeria macrophylla var. scabrella (Roxb.) D. G. Long (synonyms for Boehmeria virgata var. scabrella (Roxb.) Friis & Wilmot-Dear

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

J.M. Garg