Plant for Id- 240508JM

J.M. Garg

May 24, 2008, 2:39:30 AM5/24/08
to indiantreepix
Posting different images of the same plant (?) just to so popularity with the different butterflies. Any help on Id? I hope all pictures of the same plant?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Akramul Hoque

May 24, 2008, 1:07:17 PM5/24/08
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg

Hello,

Hope U  R  all  well.

It is  Eupatorium odoratum  ( Asteraceae ) .  A  Road side shrub------ Under shrub,  attaining  ca  2-6 ft high.

Akram

Ulu. Bot. Inst.

--- On Sat, 24/5/08, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Check out the all-new face of Yahoo! India. Click here.

J.M. Garg

May 26, 2008, 7:11:21 AM5/26/08
to ulu_bo...@yahoo.co.in, indiantreepix
Thanks, Akram ji,
Here are some extracts for its syn. Chromolaena odorata from its Wikipedia link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromolaena_odorata

Chromolaena odorata is a shrub of the sunflower family native to the New World Tropics. It is an invasive weed of field crops in Africa and Asia where it has been introduced. It is now found all over tropical Asia, western Africa, and in parts of Australia. Other names for the plant include Siam weed and Christmas bush, and Common Floss Flower. It is sometimes grown as a medicinal and ornamental plant. It is used as a traditional medicine in Indonesia. The young leaves are crushed, and the resulting liquid can be used to treat skin wounds.

It was earlier taxonomically classified under the genus Eupatorium, but is now considered more closely related to other genera in the tribe Eupatorieae.[1]