... bead grass

1 view

Dinesh Valke

Aug 14, 2009, 10:18:39 AM8/14/09
to Indian Tree Pix
Dear friends,

Tall grass, about 6 ft or so

Place: Kharghar Hills, Navi Mumbai
Date: 03 NOV 07

Regards
1842375626_60d754c0e6_b.jpg
1841598943_80bcee9c77_b.jpg

Nayan Singh

Aug 14, 2009, 10:53:10 AM8/14/09
to Dinesh Valke, Indian Tree Pix
Dear Dinesh
The plant is Coix lacryma-jobi from Poaceae
Thanks

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Aug 14, 2009, 11:06:05 AM8/14/09
to Nayan Singh, Indian Tree Pix
Lots and lots of thanks, Nayan ji.
Regards.

Devendra Bhardwaj

Aug 14, 2009, 12:02:11 PM8/14/09
to Dinesh Valke, Nayan Singh, Indian Tree Pix
Hello sir,
  I have taken some seed from haridwar.here it is known as “vaijanti”. By Its seed prepare mala for worship.

Regard

Devendra

Dinesh Valke

Aug 14, 2009, 12:11:42 PM8/14/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, Nayan Singh, Indian Tree Pix
Many thanks Devendra ji, for providing the name.
Regards.

Nayan Singh

Aug 14, 2009, 12:09:05 PM8/14/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, Indian Tree Pix
Dea Devendra,
In Hindi this is called Gurlu
Thanks

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Aug 14, 2009, 4:00:37 PM8/14/09
to Dinesh Valke, Devendra Bhardwaj, Indian Tree Pix
Dear Dinesh,

Here is a photo of same sp from Deonar area, Mumbai..

best wishes
Prashant..
jobs tear-1-ITP.JPG

Devendra Bhardwaj

Aug 14, 2009, 9:31:16 PM8/14/09
to Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale, Indian Tree Pix
Hello sir,
  I have taken some seed from haridwar.here it is known as “vaijanti”. By Its seed prepare mala for worship. This is different I am also sending a photo of Coix lacryma-jobi.

Regard

Devendra

--- On Sat, 15/8/09, Prashant awale <pka...@gmail.com> wrote:

Coix lacryma-jobi..jpg