Kaas is Beautiful - 1

Swagat

Aug 2, 2010, 7:37:24 AM8/2/10
to indiantreepix

Dear all,

Request for ID....

Date/Time- *30th Jully 2010, 07.40 a.m.*

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-  *Kaas Pathar, Dist. Satara, Maharashtra  कास पठार, जि.- सातारा, महाराष्‍ट्र*

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- *Wild*

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Tiny Herb

Height/Length-

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568 / 9422317979

300710-Kaas-Pathar-Swagat1.jpg
300710-Kaas-Pathar-Swagat1A.jpg
300710-Kaas-Pathar-Swagat1B.jpg

Prashant awale

Aug 2, 2010, 8:11:19 AM8/2/10
to Swagat, indiantreepix
Dear Swagat ji,

I think we call it as "Y" tura, its an aquatic herb. Could be Aponogeton  sp.
regards
Prashant

shubhada nikharge

Aug 2, 2010, 8:35:46 AM8/2/10
to Swagat, indiantreepix
Swagat ji,
Nice pics. thanx for sharing.
It looks like Aponogeton satarensis (वायतुरा) to me.
I had seen this in Kaas in Sept 2009 but could not photograph due to heavy rains.
i have not yet gone to kaas this year. Hope to see it again.
Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

Aug 5, 2010, 2:38:09 AM8/5/10
to Swagat, indiantreepix

Aponogeton satarensis  is a lovely choice !!
Tanay
On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Swagat <swaga...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Tanay Bose