An alpine Rhododendron

sibdas ghosh

Jul 1, 2009, 1:43:51 PM7/1/09
to indiantreepix
An alpine Rhododendron from Bumla pass- 14000ft, Arunachal pradesh

Is it R. kesangieae? Confirmation requested.

100_1266.JPG
100_1281.JPG
100_1283.JPG

JM Garg

Aug 28, 2013, 5:10:57 AM8/28/13
to efloraofindia
100_1266.JPG
100_1281.JPG
100_1283.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 6, 2013, 12:58:23 AM9/6/13
to efloraofindia, Eapsa Berry, Debjyoti Bhattacharyya, Tabish Qureshi, Ritesh Choudhary, manas bhaumik, Pravir Deshmukh, A P DAS, anupam sarmah, Pijush Dutta, POTSANGBAM KUMARSINGH, chch...@gmail.com, Bidyut Nath, Nick Macer, ret...@gmail.com, bgc....@gmail.com, Thingnam Girija, arunk...@gmail.com

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2165 members & 1,64,000 messages on 31/8/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8500 species & 1,70, 000 images).
100_1266.JPG
100_1281.JPG
100_1283.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 3, 2016, 4:10:41 AM12/3/16
to efloraofindia, sibdas

Dec 17, 2016, 5:20:44 AM12/17/16
to efloraofindia, sibdas
First two images identified as Rhododendron anthopogon & last one as Rhododendron campanulatum by Ashish Paul ji in another thread.
100_1266.JPG
100_1281.JPG
100_1283.JPG

J.M. Garg

Mar 23, 2021, 2:08:03 AM3/23/21
to phuen...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, sibdas
Hi, Phuentsho ji,
You mean to say that the attached image is of Rhododendron bhutanense as per your reply herein.
There are very few images of this species on the net.
But the flowers in Rhododendron bhutanense appears to be reddish as per GBIF and Rhody garden

Mar 23, 2021, 5:49:24 AM3/23/21
to Phuentsho, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot, Phuentsho ji.

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 at 14:37, Phuentsho <phuen...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Garg,
I am sure that this image is of Rhododendron bhutanense. I have seen it few times.
Thank you.
Phuentsho
National Herbarium
National Biodiversity Centre