Flowers and Trees from Uttarakhan​d-ID requested_​DS24052011​_SN3

Dalia Set

May 24, 2011, 5:21:36 AM5/24/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends

Another Tree in Kakragad, Uttarakhand on the bank of river Mandikini. April 2011
Again, the fruits of this tree are very much liked by the birds of the region.
It is very common tree in that area, our guide told the local name which I unfortunately cann't remember now.

Requested help for it's id.

Thanks
Dalia
ForID11_Kakragad.jpg
ForID12_Kakragad.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 28, 2011, 9:54:41 AM8/28/11
to efloraofindia, Dalia Set, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)

ForID11_Kakragad.jpg
ForID12_Kakragad.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Oct 22, 2011, 10:35:32 AM10/22/11
to efloraofindia
POST resurfaced for seeking ID

No responses yet.

Regards.
Dinesh
ForID11_Kakragad.jpg
ForID12_Kakragad.jpg

Giby Kuriakose

Oct 22, 2011, 11:28:38 AM10/22/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Species of Actinodaphne of Lauraceae family. Please check, Actinodaphne bourdillonii.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Prabhu kumar KM

Oct 27, 2011, 1:56:29 AM10/27/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia

Yes I agree with Gibyji, This is a Actinodaphne sp. but it is not A. bourdillonii.
A. bourdillonii is endemic to western ghats. Anway this Actinodaphne is not reported in South India. So please check with the Northern Actinodaphne sp.
If the identification is must then please send original pixel photo

--
Prabhu Kumar K M
Scientist

Giby Kuriakose

Oct 27, 2011, 2:09:25 AM10/27/11
to Prabhu kumar KM, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Yes my guess was based on the leaves.
And it is true that A. bourdillonii is endemic to the WG.
As Prabhu suggested, may be a close up picture and supporting information such whether the leaves, branches and inflorescence were hairy or not and all would help for further clarification.
Please refer the following link to have an idea of key characters of Actinodaphne

http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=100442

Regards,
Giby

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 18, 2021, 8:25:23 AM10/18/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 18, 2021, 8:26:13 AM10/18/21
to indiantreepix, setd...@gmail.com
ForID11_Kakragad.jpg
ForID12_Kakragad.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 18, 2021, 8:37:30 AM10/18/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, setd...@gmail.com
Which are the species listed for Uttarakhand?
Plants of Indian Himalayan Region by BSI have nothing
listed for Uttarakhand!
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 24, 2021, 7:23:38 AM10/24/21
to efloraofindia, Dalia Set

With regards,
J.M.Garg
ForID11_Kakragad.jpg
ForID12_Kakragad.jpg

Tapas Chakrabarty

Oct 24, 2021, 9:36:14 AM10/24/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dalia Set
Neolitsea pallens!

J.M. Garg

Oct 24, 2021, 9:43:08 AM10/24/21
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia, Dalia Set
Thanks, Tapas ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg