Meliaceae member like Dysoxylum

Dr. Bhasker Joshi

Apr 29, 2021, 1:52:40 AM4/29/21
to efloraofindia
From Seijosa Arunachal Pradesh.
Meliaceae member like Dysoxylum. Kindly help in identification.
IMG_5414.JPG
IMG_5415.JPG
IMG_5416.JPG
IMG_5413.JPG

surajitno...@gmail.com

May 1, 2021, 3:40:59 AM5/1/21
to efloraofindia
Sir,

Here capsules seem to have 5 cells (valves). I couldn't make out Leaflet numbers and character.

Please check probability of Sphaerosacme decandra (Hiern) T.D.Penn. (syn. Amoora decandra Hiren) - https://www.gbif.org/occurrence/gallery?taxon_key=3850570
and

Thank you
Regards
Surajit Koley

J.M. Garg

May 7, 2021, 7:21:14 AM5/7/21
to efloraofindia, surajitkoley, bhasker...@gmail.com
Thanks, Surajit ji.
To me looks different.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

May 7, 2021, 10:38:14 AM5/7/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, bhasker...@gmail.com
No, Sir, I wouldn't go for Amoora rohituka = Aphanamixis polystachya (Wallich) R. Parker,, because it has 3-loculicidal capsule.
Similarly no Dysoxylum either has 5-locular capsule (as per Flora of British India. Though Flora of China says it has, but I couldn't find any..

Only, Amoora decandra features  - "fruit gloose-obovoid 5 furrowed umbilicate 5-celled and seeded." (FBI. vol-I, p-562)

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley

J.M. Garg

May 13, 2021, 4:17:09 AM5/13/21
to surajit koley, efloraofindia, bhasker...@gmail.com
Thanks, Surajit ji.
I agree with you as per GBIF specimen
Flowers are polygamous (Having separate male, female and bisexual flowers on the same plant).
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

May 13, 2021, 11:32:12 AM5/13/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, bhasker...@gmail.com
I myself am not satisfied, Sir ji, but, one more time I have checked Flora of British India,to find a suitable alternative taxon of Meliaceae in NE region. Found none with five locucidial fruit, except Munronia pinnata (Wall.) W.Theob., which is not the case here.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley