Lysimachia alternifolia from Tiger fall area Chakrata

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 11, 2011, 7:31:07 AM10/11/11
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
Lysimachia alternifolia Wall., Roxb. Fl. Ind., ed. Carey & Wall. ii. 26 (1824)

The plant at first look reminds you of Anagallis with similar long axillary pedicels and shape of fruits surrounded by similar calyx lobes, but alternate leaves and yellow flowers lead to look you for some thing closer, and it landed me to Lysimachia alternifolia very distinct from other species in alternate leaves, long slender pedicels and yellow flowers.

Small decumbent herb, 6-25 cm, branching from base; leaves alternate, ovate-lanceolate 2.5-3.5 cm long, lower stalked, upper sessile; flowers yellow, solitary axillary with slender pedicels almost as long as leaves; calyx lobes lanceolate, longer than corolla, persistent in fruit; corolla rotate, 5-8 mm across, segments oblong gland-dotted; filaments united at base; capsule glabrous, shorter than calyx, globose.

Photographed from shaded ground among shrubs in Tiger fall area Chakrata on September 18, 2011

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Lysimachia-alternifolia-Chakrata Tiger fall area-1.jpg
Lysimachia-alternifolia-Chakrata Tiger fall area-2.jpg
Lysimachia-alternifolia-Chakrata Tiger fall area-3.jpg
Lysimachia-alternifolia-Chakrata Tiger fall area-4.jpg

Ushadi micromini

Oct 11, 2011, 8:23:07 AM10/11/11
to efloraofindia
How in the world do you find these tiny things?

Wonderful
Usha di
===

On Oct 11, 4:31 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Lysimachia alternifolia* Wall., Roxb. Fl. Ind., ed. Carey & Wall. ii. 26
>  Lysimachia-alternifolia-Chakrata Tiger fall area-1.jpg
> 202KViewDownload
>
>  Lysimachia-alternifolia-Chakrata Tiger fall area-2.jpg
> 183KViewDownload
>
>  Lysimachia-alternifolia-Chakrata Tiger fall area-3.jpg
> 185KViewDownload
>
>  Lysimachia-alternifolia-Chakrata Tiger fall area-4.jpg
> 135KViewDownload

Balkar Singh

Oct 11, 2011, 11:00:30 AM10/11/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia