Acacia planifrons?

J.M. Garg

Sep 20, 2008, 6:44:47 AM9/20/08
to indiantreepix
On 13/9/08 in Vanasthalipuram Deer Park, Hyderabad, AP.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Mahadeswara Swamy

Sep 20, 2008, 7:44:59 AM9/20/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Acacia planifrons  is one of the prominent trees of  Guindy National park, Chennai.   The tree is most distinguishable with its characteristic umbrella like canopy

mangala borkar

Sep 20, 2008, 10:28:56 AM9/20/08
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg
Hello,
On 12th sept I had been to Kas and on the way from Pune to Satara along the road side a number of these Acacia planifrons were cited.all were flowering. Appearing like flower arrangement in a bunch.
Borkar

Sep 20, 2008, 8:23:22 PM9/20/08
to nabha meghani, mubo...@yahoo.co.in, indiantreepix
Shrikant ji in his book states it to be "Chhatri Babhul", while giving Acacia nilotica as "Bhahul".

J.M. Garg

Sep 21, 2008, 11:47:37 PM9/21/08
to nabha meghani, mubo...@yahoo.co.in, indiantreepix
Here is Srikant ji's reply: