FOR VALIDATION :: Vigna stipulacea (Lam.) Kuntze :: Waghbil, Thane, Maharashtra :: Sep 19, 2009 · JUN23 DV03

Dinesh Valke

Jun 1, 2023, 4:11:08 AM6/1/23
to efloraofindia
Vigna stipulacea (Lam.) Kuntze ... FOR VALIDATION
Waghbil, Thane, Maharashtra :: Sep 19, 2009 · 2:39 PM IST :: about 3 m (10 ft) asl

Another upload of a similar plant at eFI.
Mix of climbers in this observation, Vigna radiata (L.) R.Wilczek. whose leaves are seen all over, also a pod (blurred).
Vigna stipulacea (Lam.) Kuntze ... FOR VALIDATION
Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 9, 2023, 6:38:17 AM6/9/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg
Yes !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Dinesh Valke

Jun 9, 2023, 6:44:03 AM6/9/23
to Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg
Thanks, Saroj ji.
Other than vibrant colour of stipule, other characters seem to match well with Vigna radiata.
In Vigna stipulacea, the leaflets, I think, are normally lobed.
Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 9, 2023, 10:45:14 AM6/9/23
to Dinesh Valke, indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg
OK Dinesh Ji !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jun 16, 2023, 6:43:49 AM6/16/23
to Dinesh Valke, Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dinesh Valke

Jun 16, 2023, 6:57:57 AM6/16/23
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Saroj ji and Garg ji, for help with the ID; I have already revised my notes at iNaturalist and flickr about a week back to Vigna radiata (L.) R.Wilczek
Regards.
Dinesh