Fabaceae (Faboideae) Fortnight :: Indigofera trita :: Kolhapur / Pune / Thane :: DVOCT89

Dinesh Valke

Oct 15, 2015, 12:25:22 PM10/15/15
to efloraofindia

Faboideae (Papilionaceae) Fortnight
pea family
Indigofera trita L.f.
at Pune on September 29, 2007

Indigofera trita

Punal-murunkai (Tamil: புனல்முருங்கை)

Asian Indigo

at Kolhapur on October 15, 2011

Karumili (Marathi: करुमिली)

Indigofera trita

along Ghodbunder Road on September 13, 2008

Three-leaved Indigo

Indigofera trita

Asian Indigo

Jidi Vempali (Telugu: జీడి వెంపలి)

Goramti Nili (Kannada: ಗೋರಮ್ಟಿ ನೀಲಿ)
Regards.
Dinesh

Vijayasankar

Oct 26, 2015, 4:28:58 PM10/26/15
to efloraofindia
It should be Indigofera trifoliata.

Nice pictures, Dinesh ji!

Vijayasankar

Dinesh Valke

Oct 26, 2015, 10:40:45 PM10/26/15
to Vijayasankar, efloraofindia
Thankyou very very much Vijayasankar ji for validating this ID.
Regards.
Dinesh

Ushadi Micromini

Oct 30, 2015, 2:15:24 PM10/30/15
to Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar, efloraofindia
You know i like this and others you have sent in
I particularly like your habit and habitat pictures

so  can you tell me about the neighboring plants ? what sort of micro-ecology had this plant thriving in?

usha di
--
Usha di
===========

J.M. Garg

Jan 7, 2016, 1:45:59 AM1/7/16
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Dinesh Valke
Appears like Indigofera karuppiana Pallithanam as per A revision of trifoliolate Indigofera (Tribe Indigofereae: Fabaceae) in India - Vibha Chauhan, Arun Pandey - Phytotaxa  Vol 220, No 1 (2015)- a copy of which I have provided to you separately.
If anyone still want it I can send it to him again.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images).

S Kasim .

Jan 7, 2016, 5:32:34 AM1/7/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Dinesh Valke
Dear Sir,
1. Three different species are mixed up.
2. Non of the specimen is Indigofera trita.

Pune, Sept- 29, 2007
Specimen has Pinnately foliate leaves. In the absence of Pods difficult to identify the species

Kolhapur Oct,15, 2011
Specimen has digitally trifolate leaves, Pods short, sutures winged - May be Indigofera trifolata var. duthiei

Godhbunder Road, Sept-13, 2008
Specimen has Pinnately trifoliate leaves.In the absence of Pods difficult to identify the species.

with regards.

--
S M Kasim
F1- 31, Thedral Nagar, 4th Street

J.M. Garg

Jan 9, 2016, 8:34:16 AM1/9/16
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, Dinesh Valke
Thanks a lot, Vibha ji.

Jan 14, 2016, 3:05:00 AM1/14/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman
Many thanks to Kasim ji and Vibha ji for the ID of Indigofera at at Kolhapur on October 15, 2011.
Will soon correct my notes at flickr.
Regards.
Dinesh