Is this Argyreia elliptica ?

Neha Singh

Sep 24, 2011, 1:54:49 AM9/24/11
to efloraofindia
 Hi friends,
                These pics were  long shot in rainy n windy conditions. So if u can somehow identify these images, plz help.

Habit- Vine

Habitat- Wild

Location- Mulshi, Pune

Date- 4 th Sep 2011.

Regards
Neha Singh

Convolvulaceae.JPG
Convolvulaceae 2.JPG
Convolvulaceae 3.JPG

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 26, 2011, 2:51:29 AM9/26/11
to Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Looks like a species of Argyria of Convolvulaceae family on Bridelia retusa

Any close up picture/s of flower/inflorescence and any information on whether the leaves and other parts are hairy or not.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Neha Singh

Sep 26, 2011, 11:25:53 AM9/26/11
to Smilax004, efloraofindia

Giby sir, I took these pics at full zoom. I couldn't take any closer picture. I just know  that the leaves were smooth from above.

It looked like Argyreia elliptica to me.

 ( If it is not
possible to identify with these  images.I shall try to capture it , again,  later.)

Regards
Neha Singh

Dinesh Valke

Sep 26, 2011, 11:40:11 AM9/26/11
to Neha Singh, Smilax004, efloraofindia
Neha ji, ... looking at some of the leaves in all the mix of plants, they do look that of Argyreia elliptica.
These are morning bloomers ... around and post noon, they lose their glory.
Please take a look some of my views of Argyreia elliptica at http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Argyreiaelliptica&w=91314344%40N00&m=tags for comparison.

Regards.
Dinesh

Neha Singh

Sep 27, 2011, 4:11:28 AM9/27/11
to Dinesh Valke, Smilax004, efloraofindia
Thanks Dinesh Ji. Loved yr pics  of Argyreia elliptica . Yess in those mixed leaves I can too spot leaves of Argyreia elliptica. And  I definately clicked these pics post noon.

Regards
Neha Vindhya

H S

Oct 8, 2011, 6:28:32 AM10/8/11
to Neha Singh, Dinesh Valke, Smilax004, efloraofindia
yes Neha ji you plant is Argyreia elliptica..

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Neha Singh

Oct 8, 2011, 8:07:18 AM10/8/11
to H S, Dinesh Valke, Smilax004, efloraofindia
Thanks.. thanks H S sir for confirming the identification.

Regards
Neha