ID confirmation required

Rajesh Sachdev

Apr 1, 2009, 1:09:18 PM4/1/09
to indiantreepix
is it suppose to be crested snowflakes i.e. Nymphoided hydrophylla.
SHot this flower on the edge of water body, near Karjat-Maharashtra
during HSBC Mumbaibirdrace-2009.
P2220088.JPG

Tabish

Apr 1, 2009, 2:38:43 PM4/1/09
to indiantreepix
Rajesh,
Crested Snowflake has floating heart-shaped leaves. This one is
Water Primrose (Ludwigia adscendens)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Water%20Primrose.html
- Tabish
>  P2220088.JPG
> 70KViewDownload

Rajesh Sachdev

Apr 1, 2009, 3:37:53 PM4/1/09
to indiantreepix
Many thganks Tabish,
I believe you and dinesh both are encyclopedia for we immatures.

Regards
Rajesh
--
Best Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

Dinesh Valke

Apr 2, 2009, 12:50:34 AM4/2/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix
Dear Rajesh ji, whatever your belief is, the fact is I am both immature and as amateur like you !!
Getting some attempts of identifications correct does not mean anything encyclopeadic !!!! at the most helps know that we are getting more familiar with what are otherwise not treated as common flora.

Regards.