black pepper seedlings

Skip to the first unread message

Yazdy Palia

13 Jul 2010, 1:01:09 pm13/07/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends, attaching pictures of black pepper seedlings. Sprouted
from black pepper droppings. The second picture is of a seedling
freshly sprouted you could still notice the tips of the leaves that
comes out of the seed casing last of all.
Date & Time 13 July 2010
Location: Place, Altitude, GPS Chethalayam, Wayanad, Kerala
Habitat: Garden, Urban, Wild Type: cultivated
Plant Habit: Tree, Shrub, Climber, Herb climber
Height, Length. 20’
Leaves Type, Shape, Size
Inflorescence Type Size
Flowers Size Colour Calyx Bracts-
Fruits Type, Shape, Size Seeds
Other Information like Frangrance, Pollinator, Uses. Pollinated by
water drops during rain.
Regards
Yazdy.

You have been sent 2 pictures.

DSCN3149.JPG
DSCN3151.JPG

DSCN3149.JPG
DSCN3151.JPG

Yazdy Palia

13 Jul 2010, 1:39:28 pm13/07/10
to mani nair, indiantreepix
Dear Mani ji
It is normally grown by cutting. For the simple reason that it grows
much faster. However, my observtion is that the plants that have from
sprouted peppercorn normally grow slowly till it has attained a height
of around 3 ft and thereafter the growth is much robust. Either
because it has passed through the gut of some bird where it is
innoculated with beneficial microorganism or for any other reason.

Regards
Yazdy.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:44 PM, mani nair <mani....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yazdi ji,  first time I am seeing the seedlings of black pepper.  I thought
> it is grown only from cuttings.   Now the picture size is very small.   You
> can resize it with microsoft office picture manager.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mani.

mani nair

13 Jul 2010, 1:47:56 pm13/07/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Thanks Yazdy ji for the info.  Last time I went to Kerala, I planted lots of cuttings near the coconut trees and mango trees.  Hope by now all have established well.

Regards,

Mani.

tanay bose

13 Jul 2010, 2:06:04 pm13/07/10
to mani nair, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Again an extremely tiny photos Yazdy Ji kindly check the problem
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

mani nair

14 Jul 2010, 1:33:28 am14/07/10
to tanay bose, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Yazdy ji, just open your pictures with  Microsoft Office Picture manager and then press the edit button and then you can resize your pictures  say about 898 x 593 which is the medium size.   Hope this will help all those who got problem in resizing their photos.

Regards,

Mani.

Rashida Atthar

14 Jul 2010, 10:02:01 am14/07/10
to mani nair, tanay bose, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Very nice shots and info. and really sorry  to remind you yesterday about the size of the pics which you are following so seriously. I guess I should have just allowed it since some individuals  are continuing to post as they want and nobody seems to be minding the same. Guidelines should be either applicable to all or none. Sorry again.

regards,
Rashida.

Gurcharan Singh

14 Jul 2010, 10:53:00 am14/07/10
to Rashida Atthar, mani nair, tanay bose, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Rashida ji
I like your your humility and polite way of saying important things. I wish our group remains like this, the interactions would be enjoyable.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor