515 ID wild tree

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 22, 2023, 4:55:39 AM12/22/23
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild tree, kind regards, Sam.

Location: bloomed near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Kerala INDIA

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 10DEC2023, 05.15pm

Habitat: wild moisture evergreen misty sloppy canopied alpine

Plant habit: small tree, erect branches, hard woody cylindrical stem 07 inches base circumference, rough silvery brown bark

Height: 07 meters

Leaves: alternate even pinnate, leaflets false opposite (06 pairs) elongated/elliptic acute simple glossy wavy size upto: 20×8cm, whitish sprout

Flower: axillary densely spike inflorescence, clustered, diameter:05mm (partially opened), off white, strange smell

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20231210171927_IMG_6591.JPG
20231210172321_IMG_6594.JPG
20231210171953_IMG_6592.JPG
20231210172153_IMG_6593.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 22, 2023, 4:57:21 AM12/22/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20231210172625_IMG_6602.JPG
20231210172441_IMG_6595.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 22, 2023, 4:59:06 AM12/22/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20231210171752_IMG_6588.JPG
20231210172758_IMG_6604.JPG
20231217145022_IMG_6637.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 22, 2023, 5:00:10 AM12/22/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20231210172903_IMG_6606.JPG
20231217144855_IMG_6635.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 22, 2023, 5:01:27 AM12/22/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20231217144840_IMG_6634.JPG

vip...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2023, 9:09:46 AM12/22/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg

It reminds me of Sapindaceae —> Lepisanthes sp.

Best wishes, Viplav

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 23, 2023, 1:26:39 AM12/23/23
to vip...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Viplav ji,
Yes, it is Lepisanthus sps.  Thank you very much for ID my tree.  Flowers, leaves and leaf arrangement of L. rubiginosa are very close to my tree. In my tree, inflorescence clusters were centralised only in old branches.  Even though, the specimen collected as fallen inflorescence and flower.  Sprout images will be provide as soon as possible.  With kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 23, 2023, 9:00:30 AM12/23/23
to vip...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Sharing sprout images, captured because of amazing whites in the wilderness on 19th December 2022 from an another nearby spot.  I think it's is of same kind tree having 03 feets height.
20221218154014_IMG_4987.JPG
20221218153957_IMG_4986.JPG
20221218154038_IMG_4989.JPG

vip...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2023, 1:07:56 AM12/27/23
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg

I think the cauliflorous inflorescences in your photographs are indicative of Lepisanthes tetraphylla (Vahl) Radlk. [syn. Lepisanthes deficiens Radlk.]. Quite a variable species. Please refer to the attached key by JP Pascal & BR Ramesh.

Best wishes, Viplav

PS: In the attached key, L. deficiens is misspelt as L. decipiens. The publication details are mentioned in the file name.
A field key to the trees and lianas of the evergreen forests of the Western Ghats_JP Pascal and BR Ramesh_1997.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 27, 2023, 2:43:58 AM12/27/23
to vip...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Viplav ji,
Yes, it is Lepisanthes tetraphylla, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.