Request for ID- Tapola 1

Swagat

Dec 31, 2009, 9:08:11 PM12/31/09
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Wish you all a Happy New Year!!!

Request for ID

Photographed at Tapola, near Mahabaleshwar, Dist. Satara, Maharashtra.

Date- 22nd December 2009.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

221209-Tapola-Swagat1.jpg
221209-Tapola-Swagat1A.jpg
221209-Tapola-Swagat1B.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Dec 31, 2009, 11:49:28 PM12/31/09
to Swagat, indiantreepix
Leucas stelligera ... commonly known starry leucas, and in Marathi as: बुरुंबी burumbi, गोमा goma
Regards.

Swagat

Jan 2, 2010, 1:41:48 AM1/2/10
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Dear Dinesh'

Thanks for the identification... 'Leucas steligera'

Here are the correct Marathi names...

'Leucas steligera' - 'Goma' 'गोमा'

'Leucas ciliata' - 'Burumbi' 'बुरूंबी'

'Leucas biflora' - 'Jodi Burumbi' 'जोडी बुरूंबी'

'Leucas cephalotes' - 'Tumha' 'तुंबा' / 'Devkumbha' 'देवकुंभा' / 'Shetkumbha' 'शेतकुंभा'

'Leucas longifolia'- 'Dudhani' 'दुधाणी'

'Leucas aspera' - 'Dronpushpa' 'द्रोणपुष्‍प'

Please correct me if I have mistaken.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

Dinesh Valke

Jan 2, 2010, 1:47:42 AM1/2/10
to Swagat, indiantreepix
Dear Swagat, thank you very much for the Marathi names of Leucas species.
(... no mistakes !!)
Regards.