id flower - Girnar Gujarat

dhaivat hathi

Jul 10, 2008, 3:36:44 AM7/10/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com, hat...@yahoo.com
this is very commonly found in Girnar  - Gujarat.

I have no idea on ID

--
Have a nice time,
Regards,

"Monitor alone uses more than half of computer's total power. I choose to switch off the monitor everytime I take a break."

Save a tree - please do not print this email unless you really need to.

girnarflower.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2008, 4:21:03 AM7/10/08
to dhaivat hathi, indian...@googlegroups.com, hat...@yahoo.com
Curcuma species- Zingiberaceae family? See the link: http://images.google.co.in/images?hl=en&q=Curcuma&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

Swaminathan, Prakash

Jul 10, 2008, 5:20:59 AM7/10/08
to dhaivat hathi, indian...@googlegroups.com, hat...@yahoo.com
Curcuma pseudomontana (Hill Turmeric) and called Ran-Halad in Marathi

Regards
Prakash
È+91 98675  08049
*Prakash.S...@bg-group.com

Jul 10, 2008, 7:59:27 AM7/10/08
to Swaminathan, Prakash, dhaivat hathi, indian...@googlegroups.com, hat...@yahoo.com

satish phadke

Jul 10, 2008, 12:58:04 PM7/10/08
to J.M. Garg, Swaminathan, Prakash, dhaivat hathi, indian...@googlegroups.com, hat...@yahoo.com
Recently(4-6 jul2008) I had been to Amboli hill station in Konkan and observed a large number of early flowers of this beautiful Hill turmeric. The flowers near the ground are yellow while they are pink to purple higher up and some white ones near the apex.These flowers are offered to Goddess in Ganesh festival in Maharashtra
Satish Phadke
--
SATISFIED http://satishphadke.blogspot.com/
Curcuma pseudomontana.jpg

Rajesh Sachdev

Jul 11, 2008, 7:27:21 AM7/11/08
to indiantreepix
Dude, This is Hill Turmeric Cucurma Pseudomontana. Found in Western
Ghats on forest hills & Slopes.