Nilgiris: Pavetta for confirmation 290613MK02

Muthu Karthick

Jun 29, 2013, 6:07:04 AM6/29/13
to efloraofindia
Dear all,

I found this plant in a wet forest of Nilgiris. The forest type is locally called Shola. Is this Rubiaceae shrub, Pavetta breviflora? The characteristic feature of this plant is the presence of dark spots in leaves. Locally the plant is common.

The pictures here at BIOTIK shows similar plant.

Leaf: 10 cm long
Flower: c.1 cm across

Date: 19 June 2013
Place: Longwood Shola, Kotagiri, TN
Alt.: 1990 m asl

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org
A 004.jpg
A 035.jpg
A 005.jpg
A 006.jpg
A 007.jpg
A 008.jpg
A 009.jpg
A 032.jpg
A 033.jpg
A 034.jpg

Giby Kuriakose

Jun 30, 2013, 1:51:40 AM6/30/13
to Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia
I think your id is correct. Please check it with any relevant flora.

Regards
Giby

GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Assistant Professor
PG and Research Department of Botany
Sacred Heart College
Thevara
Kochi- 682 013
Kerala, India
Phone - +914844044436 (office) +919947109987 (Mobile)