Please help me identifying the trees and flowers!!

Sourav Guha

Mar 19, 2010, 3:11:41 AM3/19/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

This pictures are taken on the trekking route from Dhotre (2700 Mts from MSL) (Latitude:  27°2'59" N , Longitude: 88°6'36" E) to Tonglu(3090 Mts from MSL) (Latitude:  27°2'4"  N , Longitude: 88°4'46" E).

Please help me in identifying these flowers and trees.

Regards
Sourav

Dhotre1003121-3.jpg
Dhotre1003121-4.jpg
Dhotre1003121-6.jpg
Dhotre1003131.jpg

Muthu Karthick

Mar 19, 2010, 4:15:44 AM3/19/10
to Sourav Guha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Good pictures Souravji,
The second picture seems to be Erigeron karvinskianus DC. of Asteraceae.

Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
Chennai - 61
www.careearthtrust.org

shrikant ingalhalikar

Mar 19, 2010, 4:56:01 AM3/19/10
to efloraofindia
Pic1 is Bergenia ciliata, Pic2 is Erigeron bellilioides, Pic3 seems a
cultivated plant that I don't know, Pic4 is Daphne bholua Rgds,
Shrikant

>  Dhotre1003121-3.jpg
> 649KViewDownload
>
>  Dhotre1003121-4.jpg
> 508KViewDownload
>
>  Dhotre1003121-6.jpg
> 445KViewDownload
>
>  Dhotre1003131.jpg
> 508KViewDownload

Prashant awale

Mar 19, 2010, 6:47:48 AM3/19/10
to Sourav Guha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Excellent pics Dear Sourav. Thanks for sharing.
regards
Prashant

Sourav Guha

Mar 19, 2010, 6:49:02 AM3/19/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks you so very much Shrikant jee for help me identifying.

Regards
Sourav

Satish Phadke

Mar 19, 2010, 9:35:36 AM3/19/10
to indiantreepix Indian, Sourav Guha
May I request to post again one by one so as to include in the database?
Dr Phadke

On 19 March 2010 17:54, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Sourav ji,

May I request you to please follow the following posting guidelines:

1. Maximum 3 posts per day for Identification requests/ confirmations- with one plant per mail, with different subject lines only are allowed. Pl. follow the following format for Identification requests/ confirmations:

Date/Time-

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-

Height/Length-

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Pl. copy it & keep it on desktop in a Word document so that you can copy & paste it

& fill in the information (& provide pictures for these) to the extent possible while requesting for Id. This is compulsory for Id requests.

5. Each attachment max.150 KB. But one can have many attachments to illustrate different aspects of a tree/plant."

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Satish Phadke

Mar 19, 2010, 9:37:44 AM3/19/10
to indiantreepix Indian, Sourav Guha
Will you please also describe the place by some common names of the state or nearby famous place like Himachal/Sikkim Leh etc.?

Mithilesh K. Pathak

Mar 19, 2010, 10:07:58 PM3/19/10
to efloraofindia
Dhotre1003121-3.jpg is Bergenia ciliata Saxifragaceae