hyderabad flora

1 view

sanjeev

Jun 28, 2009, 2:34:58 AM6/28/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

I have difficulty locating the flora here.

If anyone is knowledgeable of Hyderabad flora, I would like to know where is the Fig tree available, particularly the glomerata/racemosa sp.

Thanks

Sanjeev

J.M. Garg

Jun 28, 2009, 3:50:18 AM6/28/09
to sanjeev, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Sanjeev ji,
Your mail is not clear. And it has appeared earlier also- in the same confusing way. Could you be more clear as to what inf. you want exactly?

2009/6/28 sanjeev <asanjee...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Rakesh Biswas

Jun 28, 2009, 7:36:42 AM6/28/09
to J.M. Garg, sanjeev, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sanjeev,

Do you want to know where to buy saplings of Ficus Glomerata or where full grown trees of ficus glomerata are located in various parts of the city of Hyderabad?

rakesh

J.M. Garg

Jul 13, 2009, 5:00:20 AM7/13/09
to Rakesh Biswas, sanjeev, indian...@googlegroups.com
Here is a reply from Sanjeev ji:

"I am interested in certain species that have environment value.

For example, the fig tree provides a great deal of shade in the tropical regions.

So I would like to know where exactly (some park, colony etc) in Hyderabad are Fig trees found."

J.M. Garg

Jul 13, 2009, 5:05:29 AM7/13/09
to Rakesh Biswas, sanjeev, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Sanjeev ji.
Ficus species are quite common in every place including Hyderabad.
I have photographed them at Sanjeevaiah Park, HCU, Gandipet in Hyderabad & have seen lot of them on way to Vikarabad.
You can see pictures of some Ficus species at http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg_TreesF