Kaash flowers- from Bengal

Shantanu Bhattacharya

Sep 19, 2010, 3:01:26 PM9/19/10
to efloraofindia
Hi
Autumn has arrived, and the beautiful view of the clear blue sky decked with cottony clouds is getting complimented by the Kash flowers , swaying their white heads merrily in the gentle breeze. The bright weather, the freshly washed greens gleaming with dewdrops, the notes of “agamani” and the mild fragrance of “Shiuli” flowers wafting through the atmosphere are tugging at the heartstrings of Kolkatans, and making a smile light up their faces. The long wait for the arrival of this season, which marks the festival of Durga Puja – the favourite festival of Bengal, is finally over.

pics taken at Narendrapur near Kolkata. 20.09.2010.

regards
Shantanu : )

Shantanu Bhattacharya.
B.Sc, M.Sc (Zoology)
University of Calcutta.
Teaching Faculty.
Dept. of Biology.
Vivekananda Mission School(ICSE).
Joka. Kolkata.

kaash flowers.jpg
kash flower.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 19, 2010, 3:07:27 PM9/19/10
to Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia
Saccharum spontaneum?
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Pankaj Oudhia

Sep 19, 2010, 3:09:11 PM9/19/10
to efloraofindia
You can remove the question mark Pankaj ji. ;)

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 19, 2010, 3:14:06 PM9/19/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Actually I am too bad in grasses !!! :)
Pankaj

tanay bose

Sep 19, 2010, 8:28:16 PM9/19/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Saccharum spontaneum a symbol for the comming of durga puja
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Dr. Arvind Kadus

Sep 20, 2010, 12:43:14 PM9/20/10
to efloraofindia
In Ayurveda there are Trina Panchamula group. That contains five types
of Trinas i.e. grasses. Kusha, Kaasha, Nala, Darbha, Kandekshu. Roots
of all these grasses have Pittashamana and Diuretic property and they
reduces burning micturation and other Urinary tract related problems
( UTI).
Dr.kadus Arvind,Pune