Harshingar/ Night Jasmine/ Coral Jasmine/ Tree of sadness/Seoli (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis)

J.M. Garg

Aug 3, 2007, 4:12:33 AM8/3/07
to indiantreepix
When I go out for a walk at night in my colony in Autumns, their sweet scents with sweeping air, makes my journey so lively & purposeful. I sometimes take one flower &  relish its smell & beauty for long. Even fingers which touch them become scented. A large bush or a small tree, its flowers bloom at night & fall by early morning to carpet the ground. It's flowers are offered to the dieties in the temples.
All pictures taken on 30/01/07 at Garden Reach, Kolkata.
For more information, please click on the following links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night-flowering_Jasmine
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg