Calycopteris floribunda-ukshi

rashida atthar

May 29, 2009, 3:51:30 AM5/29/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Dear friends,

Some more summer flower blooms from the south end of the national park in Mumbai. Pic taken on 24 May '09. This is a climber with beautiful leaves and flowers. If one twirls and lets off the flower it flies down like a helicopter !

Rregards,
Rashida.

Get easy photo sharing with Windows Live™ Photos. Drag n’ drop
Calycopteris floribunda foliage.jpg
Calycopteris floribunda-climber.jpg
Calycopteris floribunda Ukshi.jpg

Neil Soares

May 29, 2009, 4:00:53 AM5/29/09
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rashida,
  The flowers are those of Calycopteris floribunda but the leaves are of the supporting tree possibly Jarul [ L.speciosa].
               Regards,
                 Neil.

rashida atthar

May 29, 2009, 4:14:09 AM5/29/09
to drneil...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Neil, I will check and confirm about the leaves  the next time I go there.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 01:00:53 -0700
From: drneil...@yahoo.com
Subject: [indiantreepix:12746] Re: Calycopteris floribunda-ukshi
To: rashid...@hotmail.com
CC: indian...@googlegroups.com

Swapna Prabhu

May 29, 2009, 5:38:21 AM5/29/09
to rashida atthar, drneil...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rashida,

I think it's Garuga pinnata's leaves. They are compound with serrate margin (Clearly seen in first image). Flowers certainly of Ukshi. Ukshi has simple leaves with entire margin.
Cheers,

Swapna
--
Dr. Swapna Prabhu
Systematic Botanist/ Taxonomist

Shekhar Marathe

May 29, 2009, 5:51:43 AM5/29/09
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com

Rashida,

The flowers are of Calycopteris floribunda, But the leaves seem to be of some othe tree.

rashida atthar

May 30, 2009, 12:21:07 AM5/30/09
to swapna...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Swapna for the leaves ID. Good to hear from you ! I think you are correct. The leaves match with the Garuga pictures I posted yesterday. Please do respond to our recent queries on the Botany group too. Thanks.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 15:08:21 +0530
Subject: [indiantreepix:12750] Re: Calycopteris floribunda-ukshi