Identification please

Vinay Thite

Mar 24, 2023, 2:30:39 AM3/24/23
to eFloraofIndia

Kindly identify the shrub with all leaves curled towards midrib.

Date/Time- 18 MAR 2023

Location-Place, Altitude, GPS- On the way to Garden of Ramakrishana Mission, Shivanahalli 560 083

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Garden

Plant Habit-Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Shrub

Height/Length- Approx. 1 meter

Leaves – Long sides curled towards midrib resembling a double barrel gun side by side, adaxial surface green, abaxial surface dull violet.

My guess - Ctenanthe oppenheimiana

VST 20230318 C.jpg
VST 20230318 A.jpg
VST 20230318 B.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 27, 2023, 1:51:48 AM3/27/23
to efloraofindia, Vinay Thite

With regards,
J.M.Garg
VST 20230318 C.jpg
VST 20230318 A.jpg
VST 20230318 B.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 27, 2023, 11:25:15 AM3/27/23
to efloraofindia, Vinay Thite
Thanks a lot, Sabu ji
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Mar 30, 2023, 12:30:56 AM3/30/23
to Vinay Thite, efloraofindia
Thanks, Vinay ji.
I think images when all leaves are open along with flowers/ fruits, if any, may help in id.

On Wed, 29 Mar 2023 at 22:42, Vinay Thite <thi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you Garg ji for forwarding a message from Dr. Sabu.
At least he has zeroed on the family of the plant in question.
Can you guide me on what more details are needed in the photos?
Next time I visit the place I will focus on those things in my photos.
With regards.
--
Vinay Thite

--