Rotala ¿ species ?

Dinesh Valke

Dec 13, 2009, 9:20:21 AM12/13/09
to Indian Tree Pix
Dear friends,

... small gregarious herb on dried stream-bed, standing about 10 cm.
Stem / branches almost filament-thin (less than 1 mm dia)
Terminal racemes 5 - 10 mm, ... very tiny flowers, about 2 mm.
Leaves opposite, about 5 - 7 mm long ... refer photos.

Place: Yeoor Hills (part of Sanjay Gandhi National Park)
Date: 13 DEC 09

ID please.

Regards.
P1110312.jpg
P1110315.jpg
P1110320.jpg
P1110321.jpg
P1110326.jpg

Adittya Dharap

Dec 13, 2009, 9:39:03 AM12/13/09
to Dinesh Valke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Appears to be Rotala floribunda.

best regards

Adittya Dharap

Dinesh Valke

Dec 13, 2009, 10:10:31 AM12/13/09
to Adittya Dharap, indian...@googlegroups.com
Aditya ji ... picture results for R. floribunda on internet seem different.
And my posted plant does not seem to match what is illustrated in Shrikant ji's FOS pg 176.

Let us wait for comments.

Regards.

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 25, 2010, 9:45:13 AM1/25/10
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Adittya Dharap, Vijayasankar Raman
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Aditya ji...........................Rotala floribunda

Dinesh ji............................picture results for R. floribunda on internet seem different.
And my posted plant does not seem to match what is illustrated in Shrikant ji's FOS pg 176.

I also find it to be different from Rotala.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jan 26, 2010, 3:31:19 AM1/26/10
to efloraofindia
To me everything seems to match with Rotala floribunda. Picture in the
FOS book is not as good as the posted pictures. Regards
Shrikant Ingalhalikar

>  P1110312.jpg
> 74KViewDownload
>
>  P1110315.jpg
> 158KViewDownload
>
>  P1110320.jpg
> 85KViewDownload
>
>  P1110321.jpg
> 70KViewDownload
>
>  P1110326.jpg
> 114KViewDownload

Dinesh Valke

Jan 26, 2010, 3:34:50 AM1/26/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Thank you very much, Shrikant ji, Aditya ji for the ID; many thanks for resurfacing the query, Gurcharan ji.

Regards.

Pardeshi S.

Jan 27, 2010, 12:48:23 AM1/27/10
to efloraofindia
Hello all
Since the leaves are opposite it points out towards Rotala tenuis
Clarke. (Ref: Cooke Vol. 1 pg 505)

Flowers in Terminal racemes
Leaves opposite..............Ammania tenuis
Leaves alternate..............Ammania floribunda

(it has been transfered to Rotala from Ammania)

Regards
Satish Pardeshi