Pls help ID Herb AS-2011-Mar-4-a

A.Sinha

Mar 4, 2011, 1:55:09 PM3/4/11
to indiantreepix
Found in outskirts of Chennai,

  Is this a Lepidagathis species ?  I though cuspidata ( Flora-Pak), but cristata also seems possible.  ( FOI). Although it was growing prostrate with a bunch of  flowers at the base , it might have been cut down and regrown

Thanks for any inputs .
A.Sinha

.

Lepid..JPG

Mahadeswara

Mar 4, 2011, 10:27:13 PM3/4/11
to efloraofindia
Lepidagathis . Not sure of the which species.
>  Lepid..JPG
> 143KViewDownload

Muthu Karthick

Mar 5, 2011, 1:11:49 AM3/5/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Dear Sinhaji,
May I request you to refer Flora of the Madras Presidency vol- II by Gamble, that might give a lead to differentiate the species. Currently I don't have that flora with me.
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

J.M. Garg

Jun 17, 2011, 3:21:55 AM6/17/11
to efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, ras...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, A.Sinha

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Lepidagathis .  Not sure of the which species.”

“May I request you to refer Flora of the Madras Presidency vol- II by Gamble, that might give a lead to differentiate the species. Currently I don't have that flora with me.” from Muthu ji.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

Lepid..JPG

H S

Jun 17, 2011, 9:47:37 AM6/17/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, ras...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, A.Sinha
I guess Lepidagathis cristata

regards,

--
- H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of
stone

J.M. Garg

Sep 13, 2011, 1:19:01 AM9/13/11
to efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, ras...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, jspan...@gmail.com, Ninad Raut, H S, A.Sinha, M Swamy
Some earlier relevant feedback:
Lepidagathis .  Not sure of the which species.” from Mahadeswara ji.

“May I request you to refer Flora of the Madras Presidency vol- II by Gamble, that might give a lead to differentiate the species. Currently I don't have that flora with me.” from Muthu ji.
"I guess Lepidagathis cristata
regards,
--
 - H.S."

Sep 13, 2011, 3:46:46 AM9/13/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, ras...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, jspan...@gmail.com, Ninad Raut, H S, A.Sinha, M Swamy
I too guess that this is Lepidagathis cristata of Acanthaceae family.

Regards,
Giby
--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Satish Phadke

Sep 13, 2011, 4:44:15 AM9/13/11
to Giby Kuriakose, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, ras...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, altha...@gmail.com, jspan...@gmail.com, Ninad Raut, H S, A.Sinha, M Swamy
Yes it does appear to be Lepidagathis cristata.