Flowering season

Sushmita Jha

Apr 9, 2009, 1:05:23 AM4/9/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all,

the attached creeper (please confirm ID) has been flowering around Sept/October for the past so many years. Last year I noticed that it flowered earlier and this year it is flowering in spring.

Can anyone please confirm the actual flowering season for this and the reason why the timing may have changed. I had pruned the plant around mid-November after 2008 early flowering was over. This is in South Delhi.

Many thanks.
Sushmita Jha
Convulvulus-home-6Apr09 .jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 9, 2009, 1:20:51 AM4/9/09
to Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
Hi, Sushmita ji,
I think it's Jacquemontia violacea syn. J pentantha. I saw it flowering in Sept.'08 in KBR N.P. in Hyderabad.
I think you can now exlore here from Indiantreepix Database & come back to us with the reasons:
Jacquemontia violacea (syn. J. pentantha, J. pentanthos, J. canescens, J. elongata, Convolvulus pentanthus) Convolvulaceae Jacquemontia/ Skyblue Clustervine/ Vibrant veil/ Pentantha In Oct.'08 in KBR national Park in Hyderabad, AP; The Hindu : Vibrant veil Jacquemontia violacea syn J pentantha (Jacquemontia/ Skyblue Clustervine/ Vibrant veil) - indiantreepix | Google Groups PlantFiles: Detailed information on Jacquemontia Jacquemontia pentanthos Jacquemontia violacea on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sushmita Jha

Apr 9, 2009, 3:53:33 AM4/9/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thank you all for ID-ing this creeper. I understand from another response that this flowers throughout the year. No, I am not trying to avoid doing homework that Garg-ji has suggested I do! Hope to do it soon.
Sushmita

Devendra Bhardwaj

Apr 9, 2009, 10:36:32 AM4/9/09
to indiantreepix, Sushmita Jha
Jacquemontia pentantha

the attached creeper (please confirm ID) has been flowering around Sept/October for the past so many years. Last year I noticed that it flowered earlier and this year it is flowering in spring.

Can anyone please confirm the actual flowering season for this and the reason why the timing may have changed. I had pruned the plant around mid-November after 2008 early flowering was over. This is in South Delhi.

Many thanks.
Sushmita Jha

Get perfect Email ID for your Resume. Get before others grab.