294 ID wild plant Persicaria

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 6, 2022, 1:38:53 AM4/6/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 20.02.2022, 01.55pm

Habitat: wild, moisture, marshy, river sandy beach

Plant habit: creeping, branches, slender weak fleshy stem 03mm base diameter, perennial

Height: 02 feet

Leaves: alternate, ovate, oblong, apex, purple shaded centre, mucus and lite tamarind when chewed, size up to:10×5cm

Flower: racemose straight upwards, clustered, diameter:01.5mm, pink, non fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D
20220220140104_IMG_0853.JPG
20220220135628_IMG_0842.JPG
20220220135319_IMG_0833.JPG
294 Identify wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 6, 2022, 1:41:35 AM4/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220220135823_IMG_0847.JPG
20220220135852_IMG_0849.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 6, 2022, 1:43:01 AM4/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220220140550_IMG_0859.JPG
20220220140144_IMG_0855.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 6, 2022, 1:43:58 AM4/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220220135915_IMG_0850.JPG
20220220140203_IMG_0856.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 6, 2022, 1:45:42 AM4/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220220140225_IMG_0857.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 6, 2022, 7:12:49 AM4/6/22
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Persicaria barbata (L.) H.Hara or its sub sp. ???
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 6, 2022, 10:05:04 AM4/6/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Saroj ji.
Thanks, Sam ji, for the superb presentation.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 6, 2022, 10:56:35 AM4/6/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Dear Saroj ji,
Yes, it is Persicaria barbata, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Apr 6, 2022, 10:58:38 AM4/6/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Dear Garg ji, Saroj ji, all Members,
Thank you very much for ID my plant and for the great appreciation, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 6, 2022, 11:07:20 AM4/6/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
OK Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju