North Bengal Wildflowers-ID Request 2 -12May09-SJ

Sushmita Jha

May 12, 2009, 5:34:29 AM5/12/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all,

here is the second wildflower of the day for identification. Sorry about the poor quality of the picture - it was pouring cats and dogs so couldnt take a close up of the flowers. Hoping, however, that experts will immediately know!

Thanks again.
Sushmita Jha
Flowering TreeID-north bengal,Oct08- 631.jpg

Prashant awale

May 12, 2009, 5:38:33 AM5/12/09
to Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
Looks like Red cestrum, i.e. "Cestrum fasciculatum"

Tabish

May 12, 2009, 5:50:53 AM5/12/09
to indiantreepix
I go with Prashant on this. One link (photos by Narendra):
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Red%20Cestrum.html
- Tabish

On May 12, 2:38 pm, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like Red cestrum, i.e. "Cestrum fasciculatum"

Sushmita Jha

May 12, 2009, 6:06:08 AM5/12/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Thank you, Prashant and Tabish.
sushmita

JM Garg

Dec 6, 2019, 1:28:28 AM12/6/19
to efloraofindia, Tabish, Prashant awale, Sushmita Jha
Cestrum elegans as per difference in Factsheet1 and Factsheet2
Our efloras only mention Cestrum elegans
Flowering TreeID-north bengal,Oct08- 631.jpg