Request for ID

geeta arun

Aug 28, 2009, 1:46:41 PM8/28/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Requesting ID of a climber ? Thunburgia from SGNP- photographed near Kanheri Caves -Mumbai on 23-08-09.
Regards.
Geeta Samant,
Mumbai

Thunburgia.jpg
Thunburgia...jpg
Thunburgia..jpg

Neil Soares

Aug 29, 2009, 12:41:47 AM8/29/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, geeta arun
Hi Geeta,
  It is the Great Fringed-flower Vine [Trichosanthes tricuspidata] locllly called Kaundal. Sending you some of my photographs.
                           Regards,
                             Neil.

--- On Fri, 8/28/09, geeta arun <geeta...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great Fringed-Flower Vine [Kaundal].jpg
Great Fringed-flower Vine,Trichosanthes tricuspidata.jpg
Great Fringed-Flower Vine Flowers.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Aug 29, 2009, 2:56:13 AM8/29/09
to geeta arun, indian...@googlegroups.com
... I think it is some Cucurbitaceae member.

Could it be bottle gourd, doodhi ... Lagenaria siceraria ? ... I may be wrong ...
At http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Bottle%20Gourd.html the fruit and flower are seen together ... where as in the photograph, I get a feeling that the flowers are loosely held and fall off before fruits are seen.

Regards.

Dinesh Valke

geeta arun

Aug 29, 2009, 12:56:48 PM8/29/09
to Dinesh Valke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Neil-Dinesh.
The pictures match with the discription of Trichosanthus tricuspidata -family Cucurbitaceae. Ref -- Flora of Maharashtra-Dr. Almeda-Vol-2-Page-332.
        Flowers of Sahyadrri-Srikant Ingalhalikar-Part I-Page-81.
 Regards,
 Geeta.

JM Garg

Mar 22, 2020, 7:03:43 AM3/22/20
to efloraofindia, Neil Soares, DineshValke, geeta...@gmail.com
Fruits are of Trichosanthes bracteata (Lam.) Voigt as per Revision of the Trichosanthes tricuspidata – bracteata complex (Cucurbitaceae) in India- Savita Pandey, T.S. Rana and K.N. Nair- Rheedea Vol. 26 (2) 83-93 2016
Thunburgia.jpg
Thunburgia...jpg
Thunburgia..jpg