Thingnam Girija: Best Flora Photograph

Thingnam Girija

May 22, 2022, 1:02:42 PM5/22/22
to eFloraofIndia
In June 2013 we (Tabish and I) were returning from Bumla Pass, in Tawang area, and were at altitude of 4000-4500 m, and we came across this captivating sight. The story emerged much later after Tabish thoroughly analyzed the pictures taken by us. Primula strumosa  is a beautiful primrose with pale yellow flowers, with a golden eye at the center. Primula calderiana is a tall primrose with dark purple flowers with a golden eye. It was conjectured and later verified that the two species hybridize freely at altitudes where their distributions overlap. The result is natural hybrids of virtually every color flowers! We were fortunate to come across this phenomenon where we saw a large expanse with Primula strumosa  and various hydrids with Primula calderiana with flowers of many different colors. I was awestruck by the beauty of the landscape, and the story turned out to be even more exciting. I thought of sharing this with you all.
   Best wishes
   Girija
twg0749.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 22, 2022, 8:13:46 PM5/22/22
to efloraofindia, Thingnam Girija
Thanks a lot, Thingnam ji, for the wonderful details and analysis.
You remain one of the top flower hunters.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Dinesh Valke

May 23, 2022, 12:05:18 AM5/23/22
to eFloraofIndia
Wonderful find, and beautiful picture, Girija !! Finding something new is a different joy altogether !!
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

May 23, 2022, 12:16:12 AM5/23/22
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

May 23, 2022, 12:37:03 AM5/23/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, thingna...@gmail.com
Published on
https://efloraofindia.com/2022/05/23/thingnam-girija-best-flora-photograph-to-celebrate-15-years-of-completion-of-efloraofindia-on-17-6-22/
Posted it in the efloraofindia Facebook page.
Pl. give it wide publicity in Social media, by posting it in your profile/ groups/ Instagram etc.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Thingnam Girija

May 23, 2022, 12:05:18 PM5/23/22
to eFloraofIndia
Thank you all for appreciating!
  Girija

Nidhan Singh

May 23, 2022, 12:14:35 PM5/23/22
to indiantreepix
Extraordinary finding, and the feelings associated with it...

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Associate Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Dr Pankaj Kumar

May 26, 2022, 3:09:32 AM5/26/22
to eFloraofIndia
Another valley of Primulas!!
Very nice
Pankaj

Aarti S. Khale

May 29, 2022, 11:18:59 AM5/29/22
to eFloraofIndia
Thingnam Ji,
Such a beautiful picture of Primulas blooming in a valley full of flowers.
Really beautiful sight.
Regards,
Aarti